Search This Blog

Sunday 8 July 2012




Allotment soup day!!!

The guitar on the left of the top photie was bought in the pawn shop for £15 just over twenty years ago. Hardly playable now. The one on the right was bought a few days ago from the Shelter shop and it also cost £15. I was wanting to buy a half decent guitar with my lump sum, but I spend all my money on drink and drugs, so the fifteen quid one is fine.
          I love the first day I can take stuff out of the allotment for soup! So today I brought home a cabbage, a leek, two turnips, curly kale, and three onions. You can make soup from that if you add lentils and the usual condiments. Hurrah!!! The stuff for the soup is in the bottom photie.
           In one of the other photies is the cabbage and kale patch of the Domestic Bliss. She protects hers with wee blue pills. When the slugs eat these, they become over-sexualised and thrill themselves to death. Or maybe not.
            The photie with the munched, scabby cabbage leaves is the most of what's left of my cabbages. I've never tried to grow cabbages before. You have to live and learn. I would not put down the blue pills because  ... anyway, you don't want the traces in the soil really, do you? Then you might digest it in your vegetables, but if you don't put it down, you don't get any vegetables to eat. I think next year I set slug traps using beer. Drowning in beer. It's kind of poetic. Maybe ironic since I stopped drinking yesterday.

4 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Pretty guitars. I have no music in me, but I can appreciate a pretty gadget.

Good for you on the first day of soup. I don't use the blue things on slugs because it is bad for the little birds and I don't really want that near my food.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'll have to put my foot down about the slug stuff next year! Hotboy

rob said...

Congrats on giving up the drink. Not sure turning the slugs into alkies is any more humane than orgasming them to death.

rob said...

Hotters, putting one's foot down can trigger kickback from the other person. So Albert tells me.