Search This Blog

Thursday 25 October 2012

Home alone


Thursday 11.13 a.m.
                                I'm going to be on my own for about twelve days. By Monday I should have tapered off with the nicotine sufficiently to go ahead with another three day fast. I've been re-reading Harish Jonari's wonderful book about chakras. Really, it's about raising kundalini. This responds to purification. Purification is everything with his juju. Here's what he says about fasting:
                                 "Ayurveda, the Indian science of medicine, prescribes fasting as the most effective method. Three days taking only lukewarm water cleanses the body of toxins and cures disorders without medicines."
                                  The last big jump in progress started with the last three day fast. After a while I could hardly do any breath holding at all due to the force of the blissiness, but the book I'm re-reading has been brilliant on that.
                                   Anyway, I think I have to see people till Monday. After that, cue the wonderments!!
                                    The photie was taken as I left the airport this morning. But I think there's something wrong with this crap camera. It's telling me the battery is low all the time. And I can't find the box with the manual in it. Oh well. 
                                     Johari gives 28 points to follow to help live the life of a household yogin. Number 20: Survive on the minimum requirement. 
                                      I love yoga.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

If you buy some more batteries and throw them in the bin, maybe the camera will work better.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I think I might not have thrown those ones in the bin. I might have put them on the table, and then ... the mobile phone camera was better. Free photies! Hotboy

rob said...

Survive on the minimum requirement. A good idea for anyone living in the first world. Stock markets would plummet.

rob said...

PS Do you ever throw the nicotine in the bin by mistake?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Sore point! Hmmm? Middle way, no?

NaNoSkye said...

It would be very good if we could all learn to survive on a minimum requirement. But as Rob says it would kill the faltering economy. Then we wouldn't have a choice.

rob said...

Nanners. Nicely put - we'd no longer have a choice.

Hotters. The nicotine's a horrible thing to wrestle with, I remember it well. I occasionally feel a mild echo when I start a cup of good tea. It's all just displacement or something. You and Albert should find things to hump. You've already got a bike pump.