Search This Blog

Saturday 29 December 2012

Started packing

Saturday 6.00 p.m.
                             I've got most of my packing done. The problem has been that I've never been away from here for three months before. How long does a bar of soap last? I'd been puzzling this out and decided to leave it at two bars when I re-read the emails. They provide the soap. Anyway, I remember from visiting the Samye Ling that most of the stuff you take with you is completely unused. But there is an anxiety.
                             I don't know what kind of retreat place this will be. I assume that I may have to come home at some point, but the Domestic Bliss isn't expecting me. I told the kiddo that her maw was a bit unwell and I would have to wait and see .... and that's given short shift as well. So it looks like the two folk I thought  ... anyway, off you go, they say, and don't come back for three months. I was a bit concerned about the Domestic Bliss, but her disease seems to be receding.
                             Today I finally stopped to strangle the Nicotine Dragon. Despite smoking practically every day since the start of September, stopping today wasn't too bad. The physical withdrawal I can handle. It's the horrible thoughts!!! But there weren't any today. So the first days on the island will not be too bad from the nicotine anyway.
                              I just checked and I started doing these blogs on February 2005. Brian Wilson told me to start a blog to help me find a literary agent. God, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since 2005. Of course, I'll have to take a break in a couple of days.
                               
                         

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Take a kikoi and an arak twig, and remember to take a spare loin cloth. Other katundu is pointless.

MM III

rob said...

Presumably you're not taking soapbar.

Do please post again after three months, just to show whether you've come out wiser or braindead.

NaNoSkye said...

I expect you will need much less than you think you do.

I'm sure the kiddo will watch out for the Domestic Bliss.

If you get a clear day wave to the north, I'll wave from here.

I hope this is everything you wish it will be.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I see that they have a helipad on the Isle, so I take it that you'll be arriving in style.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Hi everyone! Just back from Lanarkshire. That's the last I have to do. No New Year here!!! Hotboy