Search This Blog

Saturday 10 September 2011

Home again!

Saturday 2:20 p.m.
                             I could have been sitting on my backside doing the bliss six hours a day no bother if it wasn't for the three nights I've been spending in Newmains. It's dislocating. But sometimes I feel very strongly that I am on a "path". This is partly due to the way things develop within the meditations and maybe partly due to wishful thinking. But it's sometimes what I do think.
                             Obviously, I should be going to Newmains and doing stuff for the mother-in-law. You've got to want to do it and be a willing volunteer or it won't work. But I think I'm getting my head round it, at least much better than last week. I reckon the Newmains intervention can be seen as a sign that I'm not ready for the stuff I want to do. I've got to deal with it and make it part of my practice. I think everyone is doing their best.
                              I've been absolutely loving reading The Gelug/Kagyu Tradition of Mahamudra by the Dalai Lama and Alexander Berzin. I've had it for years and usually find it really hard going. But somehow not this time. This is something else that makes me feel like I'm on a "path," the way I seem to get hold of books that seem totally appropriate.
                              Am I on a path then, Jack? Everybody is, Hotboy. It's just that you're on a much better one than anyone else..... feeling,  craving, grasping, becoming, birth, old age and death ... grief, sorrow, lamentations ... disillusionment, disappointment and despair... suffering in this life. To hell with that for a game of soldiers!





What's the scary thing coming over the set of drawers?

4 comments:

rob said...

How fortunate to be on a better path than everybody else! The path of humility perhaps. The scary thing coming over your drawers must be your karma.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I am truly fortunate to be able to do the bliss! Flatheids just don't get the bliss!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

With reference to the third photo - have you de-wormed yourself recently? This page should help.

With reference to the first and second photos - has the Mosque Koutoubia moved to Edinburgh?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's the wrong end of the kiddo's tree. Hotboy