Search This Blog

Monday 12 September 2011

Mr Pastry!

Monday 9:50 p.m.
                           So I'm perched on the third top step of the stepladder and I'm going to turn round to point the other way.
                           I have to say here that I have a fantastic sense of balance due to years of standing on my head. And I wan't drunk and I hadn't had any cannybliss for at least an hour and a half.
                           I realised once I'd got round that I was falling off balance. I can see the top of the set of drawers I'm about to plunge into and took a two footed jump, landing on the top of it. Then I must have ricocheted off the wall because I was then falling backwards and landed on top of the double bed. There was a metal thing there to keep the plastic sheeting on and my head knocked against that a wee bit. Apart from that ...Jackie Chan eat your heart out!
                           You could have done yourself a nasty there, Hotboy. I know, Jack. I think I'll have to hand in my notice.

8 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Me thinks you should stay off ladders unless you are totally clear headed.

Even then it might not be such a good idea.

Glad you weren't hurt.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Did it bang any sense into you?

Where is the YouTube video? It could go viral.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

At your age, it would be better to ask a younger person to do the climbing.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Good idea about asking a younger man. When are you available?
Marie! Where are health and safety when you really need them? Hotboy

rob said...

When old people like you and Albert fall down, they tend to break vital things like pelvises. Then they age fast. Albert does idiotic stuff like jumping down stairs, and climbing on the roof. Bavarians only learn the hard way, but you're lucky to have sloth on your side.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I almost died and that's all the sympathy I get!Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters.

I don't see what you're worried about - even if you'd fallen all the way to the floor, the fat would have cushioned the impact. Mind you, the momentum might have taken you through to the flat below. It all balances up.

If Albert had fallen off the ladder, he would have floated down to the floor like a feather, where his bones would crack like eggshells. It all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Somebody up there is looking after me, and taking the piss! Hotboy