Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2011

Brutalism and the auld maw.

We're in her bedroom, across a wee table. She says:
Don't volunteer for anything.
People who are saft get shat on.
You all end up jist like your faither. Saft.
As soon as I can't get up and dress myself, I'm going into a home. Why are all these peoples lives getting disrupted by these old people? You've got to know when you are done.

So I was heartened by this. Grasping onto life, and the desire for it, is one of the factors which are supposed to end up with you getting reborn countless times among the flatheids.

Since her hearing aid started working, the auld maw is a different wummin. You couldn't make her up. Some old ladies aren't so sweet.

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

What people forget about old ladies is that we were once young ladies and if we aren't sweet young we won't get sweeter with age.

I think not grasping onto life is important. But I think it is also important to give the young a chance to serve. Service gives us chances to learn compassion.

Get her hearing aid fixed, no reason for her to miss the world.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Quite right, NaNo.

I always ask for a volunteer to open the batting if the opposing side's fast bowler is a bit quick.

MM III

rob said...

Surely the advice was superfluous in your case?

Hotboy said...

Marie! I think with my old joe's bus pass that I no longer qualify as young even to ninety year olds! I think the too dumb to meditate should do all the work. Hotboy
Albert? She thinks the basturns are just taking a loan of me! Would the evil bourgeois do something like that? Heaven forfend! Hotboy

rob said...

You're just too good natured for this world.