Search This Blog

Monday 13 August 2012

And on the third day ...




Monday 3.16 p.m.
                            I took a walk up to the allotment today and dumped the two duff guitars. The one on the right was bought by the Domestic Bliss for £3 out of a charity shop a month or so ago. The heads are broke. You can't tune it. The one on the left was bought for £15 from a pawn shop just over twenty years ago. Hope someone good with tools picks them up before the dustmen arrive.
                             The bottom three photies show the effects of the bizarre weather we've had this summer. The top one is of curly kale. It's bolted. :Last year I was eating kale from the buddisty woman't allotment up till January, I think. The next one if of broccoli, expect there's no centres there. So no broccoli. The bottom one if of brussel sprouts, but there are just leaves and no brussel sprouts. The potato yield is way down as well.
                               I'm lucky to be going into my old age just now. I guess in twenty years the world will be totally funged. We are dependent on plants growing how we expect them to grow. We're not going to get away with the consequences of what we have done.
                                I'm on the third day of my fast and everything is going well. The main thing I've noticed is that I have hardly any energy. I would not want to go running or cycling right now.
                                Any time you do anything to purify your system, the effects of the meditations are most wonderful in terms of the bliss and whatnot. However, I have noticed that I can't do vase breathing hardly at all. Normally, I can hold my breath for a minute, but today I was holding it for five or six seconds. If you go much over that, you're going to be in trouble. There's a kundalini arousal thing going on here, I suspect, which makes you feel that you might .... the effects of the out breath make you judder and twitch a little, and there are all kinds of other bits and pieces in there. I know there are the forces not to be unleashed, so I've hardly been vase breathing at all.
                                  Also, my leprosy has vanished. The boy in the Horizon programme says your body starts healing itself when you fast. So by tomorrow morning I expect my cholesterol and glucose levels and yon marker for cancer will be down. And my brain will have grown a smidgen.
                                   I'm very pleased that I have managed to do this fast, at least so far.  A confidence booster.
5.05 p.m.
                                    Just had more bliss during the meditation I've just had than ever before. Just a wee bit of purification as well. Of course, I'd rather have the emptiness, but that might come. Sometime.

7 comments:

rob said...

Great top photo. I feel a pang of fear when someone your age throws away belongings. Reminds me of death, and how we hang onto things to sustain our denial.

rob said...

Good going, one hopes you'll balance the fasting with some occasional eating.

Anonymous said...

I say!

If your garden crop has failed, that is no reason to starve yourself. We can send you a food parcel. Cassava, millet, nsima flour and things that won't perish.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert? As hoped, the guitars found new homes before the binmen arrived.
Mingin'! I've had breakfast on this the fourth day. Hurrah!

rob said...

I'm guessing someone took them for firewood.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What a cynic? There are no fire allowed anymore anyway! Hotboy

rob said...

You're right, no middle class folk would breach the Clean Air Act, but oppressed underclassians might be driven to acts of musical sacrilege.