Search This Blog

Sunday 12 August 2012

Fasting

          There was a Horizon programme on last week about fasting. It said fasting would help your cholesterol, being a fat basturn, blood glucose levels, several other things, and also it would help your brain and might help you avoid all kinds of aging problems associated with your brain, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc.
           I started a fast yesterday. Didn't eat anything at all. I haven't eaten anything today either and it's about half five.
           I find fasting rather difficult, but if it has these kinds of benefits, I'll give it a go. Of course, I am a fat basturn and at least I should be able to start reducing my weight from here on in, even if nothing else comes of it. Yesterday morning I was twelve stone four pounds. Dearie, dearie me!

7 comments:

rob said...

Well done for the two days. Only a few more hundred to go, and you'll look like a vegetarian.

NaNoSkye said...

Sometimes you worry me young man. Yes fasting can do these good things for you, but it can also cause problems. Rather a good idea to do some research on it and maybe talk to a professional before just deciding to do it.

You need to stop watching TV.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Someone on FB told me that fasting didn't lead to weight loss. This is the start of my third day and down three pounds anyway.
Marie. Yogis fast. Fasting is used to heal your body. I checked out fasting about twenty years ago and did some, but never kept it up. Interesting test of will power if nothing else!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Bacon and eggs. Oooh yummy.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Manana! Certainly not polluting my body with food today!! Hotboy

rob said...

It must be true then.

PS This is just a strategy to increase the effect of the drink, isn't it?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Shame you'll never experience bliss like that! Still, you've always got the beer with no beer in it. Dearie me! Hotboy