Search This Blog

Sunday 17 June 2012








Photies at an exhibition.
Sunday 5.35 p.m.
                           We attended the opening of an exhibition last night, one with two panels from the kiddo and some paintings by her partner Andrew; both rather talented people really. It runs for a fortnight.
                            I've been thinking over something Ringu Tulku was going on about earlier in the week about accepting the world for what it is and not expecting or hoping for it to be any better than it is. This will lead to disappoint, or .... grief, sorry, lamentations ... disillusionment, disappointment and despair ... suffering in this life.
                             There is nothing I can do about people living like morons and dying like dogs. That's just the way it is and, unfortunately, I'm not really any better. And after speaking to the consiglieri recently I've realised that there is no point in talking to folk about non-self and emptiness, or any of that. If folk aren't going to meditate, they're not going to meditate and knowing about non-self and emptiness is useless if you don't meditate. So it's time to shut up about all of that. This will make me even more withdrawn with people - partly because there's hardly anything else I want to talk about -but that's probably a good thing.
                              I was reading Chapter 11 of the Tibetan Book of the Dead yesterday. Yogis go into a very weird state for a while after they die. I've often wondered about this because I assumed you'd have to die sitting up to accomplish this state. I didn't see how it might occur when you died doolally or while sleeping, or when you were too weak to sit up or move your head even. Well, I think I know now and that's the way I want to die. I want to spend the rest of my life making sure that happens and when this kerfuffle going on just now ends, I'll try to see Lama Yeshe and ask him how I  can manage this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

What talented youngsters!

MM III

rob said...

Hotters, the kiddo photo looks like someone's photoshopped you and the DB together.

Regarding going into a weird state after you die, did someone advise you to start early?

PS - I do like the painting of Big Mac rolling a joint in his sleeping bag.

NaNoSkye said...

Beautiful pics. Your daughter is a lovely young woman.

I expect learning to accept what is and go with it can be much less for suffering. I would never expect someone else could find their way on my path. I believe the path we take to death is private and individual.

Better to spend each moment being awake and alive and living, than to worry about how properly to die.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I think if you can die like that it shows that you have accomplished something while you were living, which is going to take some time! Hotboy
Albert? The resemblence to the tramp was noted!

Anonymous said...

I say!

One way to promote self emptiness is to encourage esquivalience.

MM III