Search This Blog

Saturday 1 September 2012

Back From the Samye

















Saturday 6.06 p.m.
                             I had a wonderful few minutes of chat with the Lama today.
                             This isn't going to be about vegetables then, Hotboy? I'd wondered where you'd gone to, Jack. Why do you just blog about vegetables now, Hotboy? Well, Jack, there's no point in telling the unfortunate ones who do not meditate about the bliss. Pointless. And there's nothing much you can say about it anyway. But there was a lot of bliss going around down there.
                              It looks like I'm going to go to the Holy Isle for three months from the the start of January next year, all things going well. It'll be the kind of training camp Roberto Duran would admire. If I do 50,000 prostrations before I go, I'll only have to do two hours of prostrations a day when I get there. I told the Lama I didn't want to do any more prostrations after that.
                                Anyway, no computery things. No beep beep. No telly. I might take a radio and something to play my cosmic tapes on. Pens and paper. Buddhisty books. Just like 1950.
                                 The pheasant just sat there. Sometimes it looked at me and sometimes it didn't. It wasn't bothered. They must be copying the peacocks.

8 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Beautiful pics. It is such a lovely place. I need to go back.

I'm glad you are going to Holy Isle, it is pretty too.

I've got a pheasant in my garden I've been feeding.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Pheasant in your garden! I thought these thing were wild. Are they stupid or what? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Here's the recipe.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'd eat it if it was dead alreadys and not making any squeaky noises. I don't believe in hard and fast rules. Hotboy

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NaNoSkye said...

They aren't raised because they are smart. Humans raise them in cages then take them out onto the estates this time of year and dump them. So many end up as road kill, because they have no road sense.

Then the 'sportsmen' go shoot them.

This one has been smart enough to wander into a place where he will get fed all winter, well away from the road.

He is my wild pet, as are the other little birds and the squirrel. I provide food and they entertain me when I watch out the windows.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Pheasants are very pretty. Feeding wild animals is great! Hotboy

rob said...

I still have some pix of Samye peacocks. I believe the easiest wild animals to care for are rats. And they're smarter than pheasants.

Doc Bob says Holy boot camp might fix your afflictions.