Search This Blog

Friday 28 September 2012

Changing Days!

Friday 3 p.m.
                     As you might have noticed, I don't have much enthusiasm for blogging these days. The photies have been keeping it going for a while, but really it's run out of puff. There's no point in banging on about the bliss. I'm afraid walking about with your head stuck up your bum is a lifestyle choice which anyone landing on this bloggy has already made.
                     Partly maybe because I'm going back to the early fifties in the New Year, I'm already losing interest in the computery things. I hardly do any "promoting" of my books and I'd like to let the whole computery thing just fade away between now and the New Year.
                      I haven't been drinking much for about the last month or so. I've lost about a stone in weight. I think I'm about eleven stone five at the moment and in quite good shape for someone my age with a newly developed nicotine habit!!! Which will start to fade tomorrow, I hope.
                      I don't think I have to do any more diggings now and will get back to the prostrations, which I do not like.
                       Because I haven't been drinking, I've been meditating more. Also, I've started reading books again for the first time in ages. And I'm writing my journal more often. I'm keeping everything as quiet and "boring" as possible, but I'm building up a really strong desire to write something good.
                        I'm just back from Bellshill. I've been going every week I can to keep in contact with my Auntie Kathy.
                   

7 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I think the change of seasons is a hard time of year for most folks.

Sorry to hear you are once again dancing with the Nicotine Dragon.

Things will work out, they always do.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I've heard about this sort of thing happening with old people. Anything except reading becomes too energetic, and then they regress to their childhood.

Not me! We had a practise net first thing this morning.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You had a what? A net? What? Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rob said...

Well done on dropping at least two addictions.

PS I've always been too polite to ask you what the prostrations are exactly, I assume they are like a sun salute only with lots of lying flat on your face.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Yes, you lie on your face a lot! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

I thought you'd done that all your life. Perhaps not intentionally.