Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2012

Relics



Sunday 9.35 p.m.
                           I went to see the buddhist relics yesterday with the kiddo. I wasn't ready for it. I didn't know what I was looking it. The remains from the pyres were a little odd, but I didn't realise whose they were at first. According the Alexandra David-Neel, it's the veneration that makes the relics in some way. So I wasn't much use really.
                            I started the diggings to get the counsil off our backs. I'm really looking forward to it since it means I can do that instead of the prostrations. Hurrah! Unfortunately, I couldn't put off Poisonous who seems determined to go cycling tomorrow. He's got a day off. Flatheids should all be working on  Monday! So I'll have to cycle somewhere and then stop and then cycle back home. No bliss tomorrow afternoon at all then.
                              Anyway, I'm having to dig up the path again. Weeds overcame it. The bottom end is half done. I guess I've got about twelve diggings to go before the counsil show up again.
                               I don't suppose it was anything to do with the relics, but the bliss today was even more wonderful than usual. Shame that most folk do not experience this, but most folk don't meditate.

3 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I've seen the relics and been blessed, it was a good experience for me and helped me gain some focus.

Nice thing about having my own garden, the only person who can complain about it is me.

Anonymous said...

I say!

There's a hermit lives up the road, between Domasi and Mangochi, about a kilometre west of the road, in a hut. People leave him food, sometimes.

I think he's a Valliscaulian.

A right nutter.

MM III

rob said...

Cycling out, then cycling back gain. It all balances p.