Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 September 2012

There's nothing odd about Carruthers!

Oddness
1) About eight or so years ago, it started to become apparent that by breath holding, etc., there was a connection being made between breath and bliss. This is a bit odd, partly because all these processes take place in somewheres that isn't on the map of western anatomy. Also, what it is in the air besides air; some stuff anyway that you can't detect perhaps unless you experience it; seems difficult to know how you'd begin to weigh or measure.
2)  The bliss. Why do we have access, if we wish to seek it, of such stunning oceanic quantities of the bliss? What is all that about? Is it just some kind of lucky trick. But I think you will find yourself in the bliss anyway if you do the meditations even if you know nothing about the bliss - which is what happened to me.
3) The most ridiculous thing about the juju is that it actually seems to work. You don't have to be holy or anything. (It would help, but it would help anyway) You just have to do the mind games.

                        I was thinking that maybe if I managed to stay three months on the Holy Isle, I'd come back and try to be normal again. Only meditate about three hours a day. Start seriously writing again. Try to make some money. Travel. What chance do you think there is of that, Jack?

5 comments:

rob said...

Have you considered making it a sponsored retreat for charity?

NaNoSkye said...

I expect the change in breathing has to do with some of the bliss. High or low oxygen can cause interesting effects.

I suppose it depends on what you consider normal and what you are hoping to gain.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I doesn't seem to be anything to do with oxygen. Just something else to show us how ignorant we are, even about out own bodies!
Albert? Great idea! I'll take ten percent off the top. You could clean up as the manager! You could pretend to be a dog charity. Lots of folk are really stupid about dogs!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Do you mean normal as in - like the rest of us?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I do not think anyone who comments on these posts may be considered normal. But I meant normal like I used to be when I was a famous author and playwright! Hotboy