Search This Blog

Monday 5 November 2012

Autobiography of a Yogi

       

           I was going to buy the kiddo's boyfriend the Johari book about chakras.  I couldn't find it, but I found a copy of the Autobiography of a Yogi. I read this book nearly thirty years ago and it had a big influence on me. Hope he likes it. I got it from the Big Jambo. Pass it on. I've started re-reading it. Must be the third time!
          The Domestic Bliss should be back sometime tomorrow morning. I've been meditating on and off all day. Yesterday I wondered if I'd meditated for 40,000 or 30,000 or 25,000 hours so far yet. During this time, the last quarter century or so, I have also drank, smoked, and behaved generally as badly as anyone else I know.
           So this evening I'm meditating and I lean forward into the dark quieter place and then straighten up. I cannot explain what that's been feeling like this evening. But it arises and floods through your body, and it feels as if everything has opened up, and it comes on brighter and better than ever before.
           Over the last day or two, despite the self imposed difficulties, the meditations have been wonderful, truly wonderful. As the boy says, this is my second pension and I'm so pleased that I'm going into my old age with this building up at my back!!
            What about the flatheids, Hotboy? Well, Jack, we are truly the authors of our own misfortune. And if they're too dumb to meditate, there's nothing anybody can do about that!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Further to my previous Comment, it appears that people of your age should currently avoid Kilifi.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm avoiding it! I am! Hotboy

rob said...

My library actually has that book, so I'll look at it if I remember.

Your tombstone should say - he did everything as much as he could.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've re-read about a third of it. Bizarre. Love all that mind expanding stuff though. Hotboy