Search This Blog

Monday 23 August 2010

Cargo Publishing!

Monday
              Last night Brian Wilson, the consiglieri and myself went along to the Spiegeltent in Charlotte Square to see some writers reading from the new short story collection published by Cargo Publishing. I was really blown away!! It felt like being at one of the first readings of Howl! Writers dripping with talent and commitment. Even although I don't get out much, I was so impressed.
              I've ducked two writers that I know in the past few days, but I had a few words with Alan Spence last night. Alan has been meditating even longer than I have. Shortly after I started meditating, I began to write The Real McCoy as a radio play.  I met Allan in a wee room at the top of the Assembly Rooms in George Street when he was doing some writer in residence stuff around this time. I asked him where you would exit your body from. He pointed to his fontanelle, the top of his head. How reassuring that someone else was into that kind of stuff!!
              He was asking after the sensei and reverend who knows him much better than me.
              I spoke to the putative publisher,  who seems to still want to publish The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf next year.
 It all so reminded me of Rebel Inc and the early 1990s.
              I had a great time. Free whisky as well!

8 comments:

rob said...

Alright I give in. Who the eff is the concierge in real life? Just a clue would do.

I meditated, or at least tried, with A Spence in about 1980 but I don't think it helped.

PS Does whisky shrink any organs to walnuts?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Some of our organs have been shrunk to walnut size just by over use over the years. Your brain might be the same! I didn't try to meditate with anyone until ... you should just meditate and be damned! I used to meditate with the ... who cares? The consierge is the same as everyone else except a little different. Much better than either of us!! I'm sure!Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Sounds like an interesting day.

I read recently that whisky makes good bio fuel.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I had a wonderful evening!! I never drink whisky, but if they're giving it away .... Hotboy p.s. I'll start on your book sometime this week!!

Anonymous said...

I say!

I find that whisky causes rather a lot of flatulence. Not as bad as a mixture of dry sherry and smoked salmon, though.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's nothing to do with the whisky or the other things. It's shovelling the grub into your face at such a rate that it barely has time to touch your tonsils! Try chewing the damn food sometime. Even with your overbite you could make some kind of contact through the molars, surely! Hotboy

rob said...

How many times do you chew whisky?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I know bugger all about whisky except that it should be banned! Hotboy