Search This Blog

Saturday 21 August 2010

Great Idea!



Saturday 3:00 p.m.
                             While I was meditating up the allotment this morning, I had a great idea for my novel about the Traffic Warden massacre. So the hero is going to kill these two psychos at the end of the book. Before you get to the end there will, of course, be some stuff about phenomenology/appearances/buddhism, etc, and lots of first person stuff from the guy who's going to do these killings at the end. With first person stuff, it's pick your personality time. Usually, I just use what I've got already which is probably why my books never get published!
                             Buddhism is a very dangerous philosophy if you don't have tons of compassion to go with it. If you just take out the compassion .... well, you no soul; you've no God creator; you've got no judgement day. I know some Tibetans would say you do have a judgement day, but that was something that was just added to make the poor basturns behave themselves. Anyway, if I've got a joe who has managed to follow the non-self and emptiness part and taken out the compassion .... well, a perfect killer!! The book's going to be called Cold Killing.
                             The sensei told me recently that the supermarkets (where all the big sellers are) aren't interested in books with grim endings or heroes who are morally ambivalent.
                              The book wouldn't have sold anyway!! But I think I might really enjoy writing it now.
                               This is why if you're wanting to meditate seriously, it might be just as well not to write, at least for me. Ideas just jump into your head.
                               I'm doing this in a hurry, having left some visitors in the kitchen. Must get back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I'm glad you didn't give the ending away.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It'll change before it gets to the end! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. Just cut to the chase and make it a short story. Saves everyone a lot of work.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't read many books. You can't click on them. It's boring if you have to pay attention for ages and the authors are just trying to tell you stuff! Get it down to one line. Most folk would prefer reading the instruction manuals written by the moron on the development team who wasn't smart enough to do the real stuff anyway. Quite right too! Who said binary wasn't enough for two people? Hotboy