Search This Blog

Thursday 26 August 2010

Movies!

Thursday 8:10 p.m.
                            Since I'm still trying to pretend to be normal, I went to a movie last night with the other three folk who live here. Usually, when I have to do that, I just shut my eyes and try to do the bliss. But last night I kept watching. There was a lot that wasn't right about this movie, but there was enough there for me to keep watching. The Domestic Bliss fell asleep.
                             It was called Inception. What I liked about this movie was that I thought the boy who wrote it must know something about buddhism. Well,  he might not have, but it was all about dreaming and having lucid dreams and controlling them. That was it seemed to be about to me anyway. Dream yoga, thinks I. Hurrah!! 
                            One of my favourite movies is The Matrix. This also seems to be have a buddhisty theme in that it's about the illusory nature of reality. At least, that was what it was about to me.
                            Last week I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and thought that they don't make movies like that anymore. Maybe they do. That definitely is a movie for grown-ups though and it doesn't have any special effects at all!! 1975, I think.
                            I'm going to watch another movie tonight!! How normal can you get! When I was watching the Cuckoo's Nest, I was telling the kiddo that one of my really favourite movies was Amadeus. Being a kiddo, she had not seen the Cuckoo's Nest and neither has she seen Amadeus. And it's on tonight!! Hurrah for Film Four on freeview! Dum dum, tarum tum, dum dum dum! 
                             I was cutting the grass up the allotment for about an hour and a quarter today. With shears. Only a poor soul who has no proper allotmenteering equipment would do such a thing. The bit I did took me about an hour and a quarter, and I felt quite tired afterwards. But once or twice during this trial, I stopped and closed my eyes and fell into the bliss. Immediate, wonderful bliss. 
                             Oh, what a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!! 

12 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I think Groundhog Day is about the best movie to show Buddhist thought in a way that gets attention.

I like movies and have a good collection of DVD's since I don't get a TV signal.

The mail order movie gig is fun as well. Don't have to worry about having space for it.

rob said...

You're a fortunate creature indeed if you can use the shears that long without edging a shoulder or elbow. Maybe there's something in the headstands after all.

rob said...

Both those two old films are brilliant. The same guy made the one about Larry Flynt, also surprisingly good. Shame he makes so few films, while Hollywood no-talents churn them out.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I think films are made for kids now. Spiderman 15, etc. I used to go to the movies once every weekend when I was young. Just wandered into Catch 22, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc. And the boxing was better. Everything was better. That can't be true, but it seems like it. The football was better as well. So was the music! Even the dole was better! The food might not have been better. The women didn't give you life threatening diseases either! Dearie me! Grumpy old man!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Marie! Not getting a tv signal might save you a lot of time when you would have been watching rubbish. Not having a tv is a good idea! Hotboy

rob said...

The student grants were better too. The students were worse though. I gather they actually try and learn stuff now. And then incredibly they look for jobs. Imagine!

Hotboy said...

Albert? About today's students ... today they can't spell or count or write an grammatically correct sentence, but you get a degree for staying awake now what does it matter? Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. lol. I had forgotten about that side of it. It all balances out.

Anonymous said...

The boxing was indeed better.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! I know! And you could watch it on the telly for nothing!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? What a brilliantly grammatically incorrect sentence that was!! Hotboy

rob said...

Watched a film last week about Tyson's career. Very watchable, but it's just not cricket.

PS Hotters the sentence was still better than one of Tyson's. Not that I'd say that to his face.