Search This Blog

Monday 16 August 2010

Miscellany

Monday 9:05 p.m.
                             I weighed in this morning at eleven stone ten pounds, so I've dropped a couple of pounds since I stopped consuming dairy products a month or so ago. In fact, my main food intake over my five week holiday was tatties, onions, and cabbage, all more or less free. With some fried eggs. And lots of olive oil. Unusually for me, I haven't been making much bread since ... well, no butter. And I haven't been making soup. But I made soup and bread yesterday. Still, no butter. <BR>
                             Today was the first day back at the jobbie and, typically,  I got a bad night's sleep last night. There are no kids till Wednesday. I meditated a lot today. I meditated in the hut this evening. This was very good, but reminded me of how knocked off I'd been since speaking to the lama. Unless I was about to really fung myself up, that was not a good meeting. I'm still far too careful in what I'm doing. I'm careful when I'm vase breathing at all, and I haven't got back into that really. I haven't been holding my breath for over a minute, or anything like it. <BR>
                            There are various points in the Medicine Buddha Sadhana (mine is definitely well customised!) where you dissolve everything into emptiness. This kind of river meditation where you are just sitting near the thoughtless zone,  and letting whatever thoughts you havego, is a bigger part of my practise than before the meeting with the lama. I think that's what he wants me to do. Do that, Hotboy, and forget the fireworks for now. Sometimes when I'm doing this kind of meditation, I have a wee vase breath, and there is heat in there, and I try to tell myself that this is the kind of heat that he said wouldn't do me any harm. <BR>
                              I suspect that it was when I wrote to Teresa that I was getting heat alright, but not the kind of heat that was concentrated in the navel chakra symbol since, I assumed, I couldn't visualise that properly, that the alarm bells started ringing. I suspect that. I don't know that. <BR>
                              You are supposed to consider your root guru to be on a par with Shakymuni, I think, when you are trying to do the vajrayana, even although the lama does not claim to fully realised at all. In fact, he says on one of the CDs in the auld maw's house that he doesn't know what it means. This dichotomy is what screwed me up over the holidays. Let's hope there's just the accumulation and the purification as we move into the autumn and winter.

8 comments:

albert said...

Trying one last time to comment here. Here goes ...

rob said...

People who knew RaBlissBlog could still track you down at RaBloggy as it's under the same user ID. Are you sure you want that? Didn't you move to r.j...b..g to avoid that? Dearie me.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I seem to have fixed the comments thing now. I don't care about anything else right now as long as I don't have to fiddle with this crap anymore! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

All these new blogs - my Bookmarks are getting full. Also, it seems there's lots of BRs on your new blog. Makes me feel quite chilled.

Why don't you ask any passing 8 year old for help with the blog.

It's true though, when you get old it's easy for the technology to become tricky if you haven't kept yourself up-to-date. Mirrors the physical world.

Mrs M's 85 year old father sometimes has problems with the technology.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

I always find that cold showers at dawn are a good idea for keeping the mind alert.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Why do they keep changing the bloggy stuff? I just like something simple and effective, like a kalashnikov which you can cover in sand, hide in rivers, etc., and it still shoots!! The internet has turned everyone into idiots as you've probably noticed! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Ok, I'll try again.

Hello and it is good to keep meditating.

Hotboy said...

Marie! At last! Hotboy