Search This Blog

Saturday 14 January 2012

Addictions and all!

Saturday 3.20 p.m.
                            Equanimity is what you're supposed to get eventually. Not bliss, equanimity. We maybe would also like some sense of satiation, contentment. If you are content, it must mean that you are satisfied, in that you don't want anything. In this realm of desire ... that's a lot to ask for. Serenity and contentment. You're supposed to get rid of disturbing emotions by getting into emptiness/analytical meditations. This does not sound like an overnight job. But you cannot expect to feel satisfied or content for long if you are subject to any addictions at all.
                            I sat down to meditate at ten this morning and didn't get up till ten to twelve. I wasn't sore either. You just go slightly somewhere else. This happened a couple of days ago as well.
                            I did  the five hill run this afternoon. I did not enjoy it. Since I gave up smoking anything over two months ago, and with the Christmas Sanity Basturns .... well, I'm back to being a fat basturn.
                            The bits when you're meditating are the best bits

8 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

I believe that balance is the thing we need most in our lives.

Not to live at extremes but to find a happy middle ground where we don't hurt folks if we can help it and they don't hurt us and most of all we don't hurt ourselves.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have you stopped torturing the mother-in-law with existentialism?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie!Lovely day here so far!! The sun is shining!
Mingin'! I've been checking out the last chance saloon ... by the time you're that dolally, Mingin', all you'll care about existence is when you're next G & T is coming along. So no change there! Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I was looking at Samye Ling's schedule yesterday and noticed they have a weekend of just sitting meditation in March.

Figured that would be right up your alley.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Thanks for that! Looks as if I have to go to Lanzarote instead. Oh well. Hotboy

rob said...

Nanners. I couldn't have put it better myself. You could almost be my official UK franchisee for the freelance Taoist tradition.

rob said...

Hotters. Sorry you've to go to Lanzarote, but could you maybe meditate/jog at the beach?

You might have enjoyed the run more with three cups of builders tea in you first.

NaNoSkye said...

Rob, I was raised rather oddly by a Pagan grandmother. Got into Buddhism as an adult and just melded the two.

Fortunately Buddha doesn't care if I am also pagan. The universe doesn't care as long as I remember I am in service.

So it works out.