Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Peaceful Dreams




Wednesday 7:56 p.m.
                                 Last night I remember having two very nice dreams. In one of them I was on a school bus and the interactions with the pupils were great. Everyone was happy and friendly and being helpful to each other. In the other I was watching David Cameron give a speech and afterwards he came over to me, and he was really helpful in giving me advice about how to present this piece of A4 I had with typing on it. The printing was very dim, etc. After this good advice, I told him that I thought compassionate conservatism was a good idea because the word compassionate was in it and I was a Buddhist. Since anyone who knows me knows that I'd poke my eye out before I voted Tory, I took this to be a very good dream indeed.
                                Did a hundred prostrations this afternoon and twenty minutes of shadow boxing because it was chucking it down outside. I had the day off from going to Newmains today, but will go there tomorrow. Hope the weather is better and the trains running this time.
                                I've been baking bread for the last thirty five years, but always the same way. Someone gave a bread baking book for Christmas and I gave it to the kiddo, but was surprised to know why bakers slash the dough on top of some loaves. So I did that and it worked. The first innovation in thirty five years!!  Another present I got was the candle. I gave the book to myself. Thrangu Rinpoche, the author, had a stroke recently. Hope he's getting better.
                              Candle flames are good if you want to negate the self in the object and consider dependent origination, as you should. It's dependent on the wax, the air, the wick ... and is constantly changing  and transforming. 
                              And on the third day with no drink or drugs or bugger all, I went out and got a DVD so the Domestic Bliss and I have got something to watch later on!!
                              How are the meditations going, Hotboy? Fantastically well, Jack. One day all that'll be left is a pile of ashes on the cushion!

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Interesting dreams. Funny what the mind gets up to when we are sleeping.

Baking bread is such a wonderful thing to do. I have trouble with it in this kitchen, because it is very cold. But it is a happy thing.

Be nice if the weather would improve, I could use some sunshine.

rob said...

If you see The Iron Lady after that dream you could become a Telegraph reader.

Hotboy said...

Marie! The weather outside looks fine for travelling to Newmains today! At least, it's a day later!
Albert? She'll be next!

Anonymous said...

I say!

All those dreams about school - you are obviously missing work.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I know. How I miss those early mornings standing in the wind and rain waiting for the bus! Hotboy