Search This Blog

Thursday 20 January 2011

Fair dos!

Thursday 9:55 a.m.
                            Samsara and nirvana have the same reality in the state of ultimate awareness.
                            To achieve ultimate reality, I mark everything with mahamudra, The Great Seal of Emptiness
                            This is the quintessence of non-duality. Milarepa.

                            There is not perceivable beginning or end to this samsara. Dhammapada.

                            Experiential mysticism, which is what this bloggy is supposed to be concerning itself with, should be about being in oneness, or with wholeness in flow.

                            Bugger all that. I want things to be fair. Somehow. Since I did see it once, I have to assume that I am in Oneness with the kid on the banks of the Nile whose eyeballs are getting eating out by worms.

                            Everything seems to be composed or compounded. I assume the kid on the banks of the Nile is a small part of the wholeness or oneness, and so am I. (The oneness must be empty of existing in the manner of its appearance like everything else)  It's just that we have different points of view. I don't want these points of view to be just a matter of happenstance, or luck.

                            I think the root of the causes and conditions must be essentially beneficent because of the bliss. If I could get down further than the bliss, I might say it was neutral (I think this is Milarepa's position), but so far it looks to me that the bliss is available to everyone who has the opportunity to read stuff such as this bloggy. I don't think the bliss is available to the kid on the banks of the Nile whose eyeballs are getting eaten out by worms. So it would be nice if there was some mechanism that makes things fair. I assume that's what the boy meant when he said only buddhas understand the workings of karma.

                           I'm sure it's possible to see the world as a miraculous and heavenly place. That's where I would like to be. Until I can understand some way that makes the results of the causes and conditions fair, the kid on the banks of the Nile is going to bug me a bit.

                            There's bugger all I can do about that kid, so this should not make me miserable or unhappy at all. The kid is still going to be there when my viewpoint is one of heavenly bliss. However, there is something I can do about them torturing chickens so they can sell them at £2 a go in Tescos, and that's  not to eat chicken.
                            The last couple of days have been very good for me. I don't think I need much else than what I've got right now.

                          

6 comments:

Jock Strapp said...

What has bliss to do with worms?

Hotboy said...

Jocky! I don't know. Worms are just like flatheids ... they just don't get ra bliss!!

Marie Rex said...

Things aren't fair, they never will be until we all learn compassion for all living beings. Then all of them escape and samsara is empty.

That includes compassion for the flatheids as well.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Fantastic big moon was out this morning!! It's frosty here but clear! The flatheids I have trouble finding compassion for are the ones that come here. Not you, but the evil bourgeois ones. You know who you are!! Hotboy

rob said...

I think you're saying the world would be a miraculous and heavenly place if only we could just cleanse it of flatheids and evil bourgeois. I'd begin with the chicken torturers. Off with their heids, starting with their beaks.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The heavenly place will be full of flatheids and such ... they'll just show up as deities!! Hotboy