Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year status!

Tuesday 2:20 p.m.
                            What a good holiday this has been! Almost unmarked, unbruised, unbowed. I was up on Hogmanay till five, but other than that good order prevailed. Three times on the beer over the holiday and no hangovers. Hurrah!
                            I'm going to be sixty this February so I should be dead already. Since I was supposed to have a life expectancy of fifty two, that nearly eight years in the gravy. For most of these eight years I've been meditating for about forty hours most weeks and the rest of the time has been largely wasted, but the meditations continue to be so sustaining.
                            I'm into the bliss, Jack!! I'm so into the bliss! I'm sorry about the too dumb to meditate and all the flatheids, but we are the authors of our own misfortunes and good luck to them all as they stand braced against the slings and arrows with their heads stuck up their bums. I'm not that sorry for them. Fung them!
                            I go back to work tomorrow and I'm in for one of those new year's when the Nicotine Dragon will have be screwered, so I will surely realise then that samsara and nirvana are just down to your point of view! Oh, well. Onward and upward!

3 comments:

rob said...

Happy new year and hope you reach 60. Blessed are the flatheids who don't smoke or do any drugs except tea, for they shall live forever.

Marie Rex said...

Happy New Year. Glad thing went well for you. I expect our lives are as long as they need to be for the lesson we are currently learning. Once it is learned we are released for the next lesson.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Cannibals don't last long! Hotboy
Marie! Cold but not raining or snowing on the way into work this morning! Hotboy