Search This Blog

Thursday 30 December 2010

Day Before Hogmanay!

Thursday 10:15 p.m.
                               The agitations among the flatheids have been kept at bay much better this year than any I can remember. I've hardly seen anyone since Saturday, and I haven't had anything to drink, but loads to smoke. The only problem was my sleep cycle moved on so that I wasn't getting up till ten in the morning, but even that sorted itself today.
                              Last night I was lying in bed, partly propped up by pillows, and doing the bliss through the yoga nidra. This was very, very reassuring. And I was tired. Sometimes, when I'm like this, I start to watch little pictures forming on my eyelids, usually of faces half formed and without much colour. Last night this was going into full blown vignettes of dreams, maybe only lasting a few seconds, and then I'd be conscious again. I wondered if lucid dreaming might start like that.
                              There have been times when I've lain in bed and couldn't tell which position my legs were in, and had lost the consciousness of parts of my body, but that didn't happen last night. In the bliss and then the wee dreamy bits, and then veering into unconsciousness is a very good way to go to sleep. And I was up at seven and ready for the meditation at dawn.
                              Tonight it looks as if I'll have to go out and see some people in a bar. They won't get the bliss ever, will they, Jack? No, Hotboy. They are completely funged! Oh, well. Once more into the breach, dear friends!

7 comments:

rob said...

I would have thought you'd be quite used to not being able to tell where your legs are.

Sorry to hear you have to go out. I just hope you can make the best of it.

Marie Rex said...

I hope you had a good evening anyway. I went to bed early with a good book. The privileged of being an auld lady. I know midnight will come if I am away or comfortably asleep in my bed.

Happy New Year.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Do you recognise these symptoms? Don't you think I've got a disease? Hotboy
Marie! Had a nice night with old friends. Very good and without a hangover! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Sorry to hear that your legs have gone. Happens a lot, with labradors. It's sad, but you have to just shoot 'em.

MM III

cdp said...

I saw Pete Mac last night - spoke v highly of you (!?!) must have sold him some Class A smoke sometime or another ... lol

Hotboy said...

OCD! Nice to hear that!! He's a champ! Hotboy
Mingin'! As you can see from the photie, my legs are retractable! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. As you know I've had every disease going. If you haven't done yourself in by now, you're probably indesructable.