Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Strange Days!

Tuesday 10:10 p.m.
                              I've been holed up here, hiding away from the Sanity Clause basturns, for the last three days. Smoking bob and doing the bliss, and nae bevvying. I've only been on the beer three times in nearly three weeks now and for this time of the year that's practically like being a eunuch in a brothel, or anyway not having much to drink. So I've been meditating a lot. Today I felt a bit confined and went for the first jog in three weeks. I did the five hills run and much enjoyed it. Most of the snow and ice is off the pavements now. Cold and dark and wet, with some rain, and I can't think why that should be enjoyable at all. But it was. I've hardly seen any teevee. I've read a little bit of the second part of the Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy. He got better as he got older so there's hope for us all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say, Hotters old bean!

I don't think you've quite grasped the festive spirit yet.

Anyway, and just in case there's a power failure here in KKalimbuka, do you think you record the "England's Heroes: Ashes Retained" programme on the telly tomorrow night?

MM III

rob said...

Indeed it is hopeful when even you are turning into a good boy as you grow older.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I used to know how to work that recorder thing, but I forgot about a decade ago. Sorry, I would have loved to see the Little Englanders fail to win something, just retain it. Anal as hell! Hotboy
Albert? I'm not turning into a good boy at all!! I wish I was. A bad boy with less energy is all I can hope for! Hotboy p.s. But also a bus pass. Do they have those in yon desert where you live?