Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 December 2010

The Wee Long March!

Tuesday 9:00 p.m.
                            On Sunday night, when I thought the weather forecast was for no snow, I pled to God to send the snow. And, lo, it was a bit of blizzard before you knew it. So I got to the jobbie and they finally shut it and sent us home just as the buses stopped running. I had to walk home. I had on my walking boots and long johns (is that too much information?), and a many layered top - well, tee shirt, shirt, woollen jumper, sweatshirt, body warmer and jacket. Really, you should be able to walk across the Yukon the way I was wrapped up. A wee bit over two hours I got home. I'd never felt wet, but my shirt was wringing in sweat and the woollen jumper was definitely damp. Sweating through three layers! That's the way to do it!
                             I've ran most of the road a great many times. I even switched up to what I knew would be a worse route because it was going down Ravelstone Dykes, which is sometimes lovely. And it was yesterday afternoon in the snow as it is when the cherry blossoms come out. Aye, it was okay for me. You wouldn't want to be an auld wummin waiting for a bus, neither your would.
                               Anyway, the photies are from the last couple of days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

What a coincidence. One of Wilson's children was taught about igloos the other day, and told him about them. Now he wants to know why, as there is so much snow in Scotland, you don't live in an igloo all the time, as it would be free too build.

I here that that the snow hasn't stoppped that wondrous pensioner Brian Wilson from jogging along the beach in his shorts, in order too show true grit.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The snow really brings out the nutters! Rolling around with their legs waggling because the men who dig the road cannot dig it anymore, and suchlike. Are the two Wilson's related? Is there a hint of scandal here? Hotboy

rob said...

Is walking in snow more difficult? Like jogging in dry sand.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I have tried jogging in hot sand, but I volunteered for that! Hotboy