Search This Blog

Thursday 2 December 2010

The Winter Wonderland!



Thursday 7:50 p.m.
                             The photies were taken yesterday on the way to and from work; in the Botanic Gardens this afternoon; and coming home from the hut this evening.
                              The kiddo and I went for a walk to the Botties this afternoon. Very beautiful in the snow, but my camera doesn't work right in that light.
                              So I got to the hut just before four and left just before six. I had on a pair of long johns, and a pair of track bottoms, and a pair of jeans, so the legs were okay. I had on two hats. I had, I thought, a better pair of gloves, but my fingers still got cold.
                               Milarepa meditated in caves near the top of Everest. God alone knows how he managed that! I had his biography with me today for inspiration.
                               Once he's done the first eleven months walled up, Marpa comes to see him and then he goes and walls himself up again. But he gets a message from a dakini and has to bust out and go to see Marpa again.
                               ' ... a young girl appeared to me one night in a dream. She was as blue as the sky and beautiful in her brocade dress and bone ornaments. She said to me .... 'But you do not have the special teaching concerning the Transference of Consciousness to Dead Bodies, which leads to Buddhahood in one moment of meditation. Ask for it,' she said, and she disappeared.'
                              That seems to be going into dead bodies and occupying them. Hmmm? Now there's a party trick!!
                              

5 comments:

rob said...

The castle one is brill, and some of the others have the makings of a lovely home-made Xmas card for your old dear.

rob said...

I suspect Milarepa would have put his hands down his jocks for warmth.

Anonymous said...

I say!

So! The truth is out. These grizzled old meditators camp halfway up Everest for years on end so that they can clear their minds and dream about young girls. That's a better selling point, by jove.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert? None of these showed up on my email. Usually they do! I think Yahoo are collapsing!! Anyway, Milarepa was bare assed half the time, and green as well from just living off the nettles!! Hotboy
Mingin'! Are you going on about young girls again? The dakini was dressed!! You've spent too long in Efrica where, according to the National Geographical, they didn't wear much in the olden days! Thank God the holy willies got them covered up!! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. I'm sorry, but developing OCD about your emails still doesn't get you into the big league of mental afflictions. You never had the background in TTT, Teutonic toilet training, so you're too stable. Stick to the physical afflictions you used to be good at.

If there was any justice it would be facebook collapsing, not yahoo.