Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Hut time!



Tuesday 7:30 p.m.
                            The Life of Milarepa is definitely one of my favourite books and I'm much enjoying re-reading wee bits ever now and again. When he finally got Marpa to give him an initiation, he went off and walled himself into seclusion and meditated for eleven months. Stuff like that makes me feel like a complete wimp!!
                            I spent from three till six in the hut this afternoon. I had two pairs of trousers on, but my legs still got cold. Next time it's three pairs!! My fingers got a wee bit cold too though I was wearing heavy duty gloves. Then  a big greeny jelly blob came to eat me up and I ran away!!

10 comments:

Bowel Syndrome said...

the hut sounds like the perfect place to spend the night in the snow. its so quiet outside when it snows you can really contemplate without unnecessary distractions

Hotboy said...

Bowely! The hut does feel very separate just now, miles away from anyone and anything. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Hurrah for the bourgeois.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! They're all still going to hell no matter what that wummin says! Hotboy

rob said...

The snow makes the huts look almost bavarian.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The Bavarians were catholics, were they not? They produced some saints, them tims did. Also, great beer drinkers! Hotboy p.s. I could pray for you in the hut, but you're such a flatheid and so bound for hell!

rob said...

Hotters. Try and keep up. As of yesterday I'm a blissheid and immortal.

Hotboy said...

Albert? That sounds like an improvement! Have they changed your medication then? At least, in hell you wouldn't have to wear three pairs of trousers to get the to hut. Not in a hot hell anyway! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Watch out that your extremities don't freeze and fall off.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I have a special finger puppet glove for emergencies!! My extremities are well! Hotboy