Search This Blog

Thursday 25 November 2010

Thursday!

Thursday 6:15 p.m.
                              Slept like a log last night and had to see the denstist this morning. Coldy cold outside. Went to meditate in the secret garden at the Botties and then in the hut. Like the bare trees at this time of year!
10:00 p.m.
                             Everybody was out all evening watching Harry Potter. Great! I didn't have much of start to my wonderful Thursday because I slept in this morning and didn't waken up till half nine. Normally, I sleep between five and six hours a night these days, but that must have been a good nine hours. Running yesterday and the day before; the jobbie,  and all that obviously took its toll. So when I had to go to the dentist ... I kind of lost the morning. But I got the evening! Then they came back and I've been crabbit ever since!!
                             Being a hermit would be great. I was thinking that today in the hut. Once you'd settled into being a hermit and not seeing anyone, what an amazing amount of bliss and such like you'd have to put up with! Instead of folk coming home and asking you about phone calls, and why didn't you answer it and why are you being so rude? I'm not being rude! Why don't yous just fung off and leave me alone?
                             The bad start to the day was getting made up for this evening with the flat being empty (for once!). Being in your room with the door shut isn't the same as solititude.
                             Even with this evening, I probably didn't manage more than six hours today, and that's not very good for a wonderful Thursday. The reason why you have to spend the time on a Thursday is partly because, as you go through the day,  the meditations get better and better. Also, if you spend a long time sitting on the Thursday, it's easier to sit on the Friday and so on.
                             My so-called practise if funged up by having a jobbie and being surrounded by flatheids. God preserve us from the flatheids! But I'm feeling tired and a bit crabbit now. So I'll just stop there and start again.

3 comments:

rob said...

In my world, such as it is, it's the people who ring up, and say to the machine 'Albert, pick up the phone' who are the rude ones. That's what the machine's for.

PS too knackered to read the more recent posts here just now. Tomorrow.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What have you got to be knackered about? Have you got tired from watching all the half naked women wandering around in yon desert? Hotboy p.s. Freezing here!

rob said...

You'd be knackered too if you did stuff.