Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 November 2010

The flat out bliss!

Wednesday 7:50 p.m.
                                  I took the photies at the weekend when I was up at the hut.
                                  Lying down, I never get anything like the bliss I can get sitting up.  When I lie down to take a nap - which I often do these days after my dinner or lunch or when I get back from the jobbie and eat something - I always get some bliss these days. Maybe it's in proportion to the bliss you might get sitting up. So when the bliss is increasing in its enormity as it is at the moment, lying down to take a nap like that is something you could never experience without all those wonderful hours you'd put in meditating. And you can go to sleep in the bliss and waken up in the bliss. This doesn't happen at night. Not yet.

8 comments:

Bowel Syndrome said...

Great photies where are they taken? The shadows on the wall are very artistic

Hotboy said...

Bowely! The top two were taken in Inverleith Park. The shadows were on the wall of the hut when I opened my eyes once. Hotboy

rob said...

Do you lie down in front of the Telly? I find that a good way to conk out. Also on the floor at work.

Yon photie is quite buddhoidal.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Fancy not being able to do the bliss at your advanced age?! What a waste of a life! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? I do not often lie down in front of the telly though I sometimes do. The couch was perfect, but there are folk sitting on it most times now! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I find that ice baths help.

Perhaps you should keep a log of the parts of the day when you're actually awake.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! There'll be enough ice outside the baths here in Chilly Jockoland soon enough! I'm looking forward to being able to walk about one day just in my simmit in the middle of winter! Hotboy

rob said...

I think you're saying by that time hell will have frozen over.

Sorry to hear about the sofa overcrowding. But it all balances up - I have the mother outlaw here every Christmas.