Search This Blog

Sunday 14 November 2010

Sunday night!

Sunday 10:30 a.m.
                              'If you are many, make war. If you are few, cast spells.' I've been re-reading Milarepa's biography today. A classic! Anyway, the uncle who ripped them off said this to his mother. A big mistake. If you haven't read the book, you should give it a go. Great story.
                              Physical bliss and mental ecstasy is what I was promised once in a book about meditation. That's what you get. Bliss. And eventually multiples of that. This, of course, is a wonderment. There's no reason why almost everyone couldn't get this. Sometimes when, like this afternoon, I was in enormous bliss, but like walking a thin line and waiting for something to go boom, I thought that this is what people are supposed to feel like. This is our birthright. Being able to go to the bliss.
                              They have beer banquets in Milarepa's biography. I went to do some missionary work at one down in Portobello last night. And to shout at the boxing on the telly. Didn't get home till five a.m. Dearie, dearie me!
                            

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

5am eh? Far too late for one to be out and about.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm supposed to get up at six! Hotboy

rob said...

You remember how you got home?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Yes! It took so long to get the drunks out that I had a wee rest before leaving the venue and was quite refreshed by the time I got carried into the taxi! Hotboy

rob said...

Refreshed enough to .. Need I say more?