Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Writing!

Tuesday 8:55 p.m.
                            I've decided to take up writing again. I've just been working on the Traffic Wardens book for the last two and a half hours. I don't think I wrote anything at all last year. Today I was thinking about what the lama said to me last summer about doing my head in with the channels and symbols juju. Hmmm? Now that I'm nearly sixty maybe it's time to accept some limitations and just try to enjoy what's left of my wonderful life. 
                             "Unleashing forces that I'll be unable to control," etc., has been ringing in my head a bit today. There's been a lot going on with the developments of late. Maybe I've been too impatient and doing stuff that I might not be ready for. Maybe I should rein things back a little till I get to the Samye Ling in three weeks. 
                             Anyway, I really enjoyed working with the words tonight. 
                             I haven't been at work for the last two days and I won't be there tomorrow either, I don't think. Oh, how I wish I didn't have a jobbie!!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Glad to hear you are writing. Looking for balance in our lives is a curious pursuit. Just about the time I think I've got it, I seem to step sideways and put it all out of wonk.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Serenity, satiation, contentment ... these are hard to get far less keep hold of. But today I feel as if everything is going to be alright and everything is going to get better. Roll on the springtime!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Cricketers have good balance. That's why they win that dancing show.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What dancing show? Don't tell me you watch dancing shows as well as I'm a Nonentity, Give me Some Exposure! Hotboy

rob said...

I say! One hopes they'll have a Buddhist first aided on call at Samye, in case you unleash something uncontrollable.

Hotboy said...

Albert? The only uncontrollable you have to watch out for is maybe what's causing you to take the chemical cosh! Hotboy

rob said...

Good point. I wonder why Doc Bob never thought of that.