Search This Blog

Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday Bliss Diary

Sunday 11:55 a.m.
                            Whilst waiting for the bread to come out of the oven!
                            I've hardly meditated today so far, but I've just finished doing a back bend, dog pose, tai chi set and headstand. So I'm ready.
                            It's ten days since I had any nicotine and the Nicotine Dragon seems well subdued. The Beer Monster has arisen of course, but I'm skint till a week on Wednesday, so penury should keep that in check. The flat is empty all afternoon. I'll start the meditations here and then maybe go and visit the hut. Because of the horrors of the holidays just gone, January has been pretty awful, but everything is now on the up and up. Hurrah! And here comes the bliss! Here comes the bliss!
1:55 p.m.
                            The first meditation of the day lasted for about an hour and fifty minutes. If  you've never had access to any bliss, you can't begin to imagine it, and I certainly can't describe it to you. But that's just as good as it's ever been.
                            In the Life of Milarepa, it seems to recommend meditating at dawn and in the morning, at dusk and in the evening. I think these are the prime times. So that shouldn't have been even a good time to do it!
5:00 p.m.
                            Did a wee bit more than an hour in the hut. Practically Barbados compared to the last time I sat in the hut.
6:50 p.m.
                            That was an hour and fifty minutes just about in the lobby. It's only when you do the ones after nightfall that you realise the ones in the afternoon are rubbish!! Some of that definitely took me further than I've been before, especially with the vase breathing bits. I'll go and do 100 prostrations now.
                             That's about five hours meditation today so far. Not great for a Sunday, but I missed the morning sessions of course.
8:50 p.m.
                             Well, that must be six hours today anyway. I don't think it should be less than that for a Sunday. I did the 100 prostrations faster than I've ever done them before. Tons of energy due to all the sitting, I suppose. Sitting is as ying as you get get, therefore, leads to lots of yang!
----
That's the end of it today. Oh, how I wish I was retired already! I would meditate in the morning, write in the afternoon, and meditate in the evening. What a life that would be!!

10 comments:

rob said...

No doubt the 100 prostate rations will help with the sleep, but if you get the insomnia again it could mean you need bliss pills.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I have anxieties about sleep and definitely need some bliss pills. You would send them to me if you know how much I needed them. Lolling around in valium! Them were the days! Actually, the problem is having a jobbie and having to go when they say go. If I had my time to do with as I wished, I'd have no problems!! Hotboy p.s. You know what you have to do! Don't spare the lash!

rob said...

Three little words: national health service. Go get it! Just tell them truth or I can coach you what to say. Compared with the sledgehammer drugs you normally swallow, bliss pills are subtle, and probably better for you.

rob said...

PS they don't lend themselves to abuse or overdose - I suppose that's why you're not interested.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm not interested because they shrink your brain. My brain is shrunk enough as it is. Also, I don't need any more bad habits!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

prozac tastes lovely, especially on your cereal mixed in with some almonds. Mmmm

Hotboy said...

Anony! There speaks the voice of experience. The only person I knew who took it long term died of the brain explosion in her mid-forties. She didn't feel at all depressed after that! Hotboy p.s. She had done a lot of eccies in her time, but couldn't when she was on the prozac.

Anonymous said...

well the prozac does has a tendency to melt the brain! slowly and wonderfully drowsilly melt the brain

Hotboy said...

Anony! Downers used to melt your brain. Your legs as well unfortunately! Hotboy

rob said...

Doc Bob says it's Indecisive Personality Disorder.