Search This Blog

Monday 10 January 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Monday 8:15 p.m.
                            Just took the Christmas tree out of the flat and threw it in the big communal bin. Good riddance! If I never see another one of them ...
                            The meditations before that are coming back to where they were. At last! Let's hope for the quiet life!!
                            I booked up for the week at the Samye Ling today. Partly because I haven't been down there so much recently, I can't say I'm really looking forward to this visit. I'll do it because it is good for me. Right now it feels a bit like booking up for an open prison. On the other hand, when it was very tough to do, I did book in for a couple of Christmases there and they were by far the best ones I've ever had. So ...

8 comments:

rob said...

Good riddance indeed, Oh Christmas Tree and any other song based on the same tune!

I used to feel the same way as you, reluctant before visiting Samye, then elated by the end of the visit. And I didn't even get ra bliss!

Hotboy said...

Albert? The Samye will have changed out of recognition since it must be decades since you visited. The last time I camped there, the moles saw me off! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

It is a beautiful place. I've not been down there in a while.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I think the last time I spent much time down there was year past last summer. Longest time in a long time for me. When I worked full time, I was down there for three weeks every year just about. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

What a miserable auld cuss you are. Christmas is supposed to be a time of joy.

Anyway, I hope that you don't get lost on the way to Samye Ling this time (Brian Wilson told me that you directed him all over the Borders whilst map-reading, the time he took you down there).

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'd love Christmas if I could do what I wanted. At least now I don't start dreading it in August! Christmas is for wanes and young people. Hogmanay, on the other hand ...I spend that night with friends I've known since the 1970s. Now, that kind of thing is great!! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Scottishy folk when I was a kid hardly paid any attention to Christmas. Presbyterian it aint! It's an imposition on the poor stupid basturns by commercial interests! Hotboy

rob said...

Yes, since I was there, at the very least they'll have erected a commemorative plaque.