Search This Blog

Saturday 6 August 2011

Back Home!



Saturday 2:45 p.m.
                            I had a two granny day yesterday. So I'm talking to the auld maw about the other one. The auld maw doesn't think I should be in Newmains for three nights a week. I tell her I'm trying to see the advantages in the arrangement and not the disadvantages. That auld wummin, she says, should be put in a care home. The one down in Uddingston is great, she says. You get your own room with its own toilet. Her pal Mrs Reilly had spent a week there as respite for her son and she said it was brilliant. You get folk to look after you all day and you've got your own toilet. Maybe the mother in law wants to stay in her own house, says I. She should be forced to go into a home, says the auld maw. Just get her telt.
                           I'm getting used to being in Newmains a lot. I'm settling more into the routine, but next week I'm going to the Samye Ling and someone else will fill in for me. I'm feeling pressed for time. I've got a lot of stuff to do up the allotment.
                           The view of Cambusnethan Church is from just outside the mother-in-law's back door.
                            The meditations have been truly fabulous, by the way. Almost as soon as I'm closing my eyes, the bliss is such that I'm hardly doing anything else but residing in the wonderment at the start of sessions. This was what I was hoping to be able to do way back when. Well, it seems to be here now.
                           I'm going to bliss my way through The Death Zone. Perform good deeds and do the juju. What else can you do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

So that's where the toilet fixation comes from.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You'll enjoy the care home! Your very own toilet!! What a deathless delight! Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I think people should be able to stay in their own homes. I think what you are doing is wonderful.

Would your mum want to be put in that place, I wonder?

Some folks are more comfortable with change than others.

I could use a day at Samye Ling myself.

Hotboy said...

Marie! We could all do with a day at the Samye Ling! I should have at least four of them this week! Hurrah! Hotboy p.s. Horrible weather here today!

rob said...

Sounds like the old maw may have some Bavarian blood.

PS I assume there's no off sales near the maw-in-law.