Search This Blog

Saturday 13 August 2011

Some cats!


Friday 11:11 p.m.
                          So the cat walks up and down the railway station platform, and sometimes makes noises like cats do. Moiawow. Lockerbie station has always been weird ever since the falling from the sky of the human beings. I have to pass through it to go to the Samye Ling and I have to go through it on the way back, but no one has ever got over the sign that says Lockerbie. The whole brand is funged.
                          Cats need folk to do yoga. If you do a wee bit of yoga, you can sit everywhere in a half lotus like moi. I eat breakfast in a half lotus. That's the way I tend to sit. It's the second best way to sit, so I get to Lockerbie train station today about half ten and have to wait for about an hour and a half, and the cat is patrolling up and down the platform making lonesome cat noises, like meowia, meowia, and such like. It is completely white. I have never seen a completely white cat apart from in a James Bond movie.
                         I haven't got anything to feed the cat. I think it's making these noises because it needs something to eat, but I haven't got anything, and I'm the only joe there, and the cat is making noises and patrolling up and down. Virgin trains go passed and the air reverbrates, a bit shuddering, but the cat does not seem to mind.
                         I'm reading  the sports pages of the Saturday Scotsman about the Rangers transfer policy and such like ephemera as I'm trying to get over the four days of trying to calm, and the cat walks up and down in front of me.
                        Then the cat comes and sits in the middle of my half lotus. You can't move. The cat is warm and somehow loving, and also very white. I tried not to notice like the cat was trying not to notice, but the cat was wonderfully warm, and we needed some warmth since these days in Scotland it is not warm enough.
                        The station guy said I had a friend. He said it had been coming to the station for the last three weeks. Sometimes it went for a walk up the Main Street. Sometimes it jumped the tracks and went over to the other side to consort with the people over there. When he said this, the track and the gulf seemed enormous.
                       He said this to me as the cat was sitting on my lap. I'm easy because I am sitting in the half lotus, which is the second best position, and a good position for the imperialism of cats.

5 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

You can learn a great deal about meditation from a cat. They are experts at low energy relaxation.

That one is very pretty. I'm glad you shared your lap.

Hotboy said...

Marie! It's not raining today! I'll have to go fix the allotment which is totally overgrown in weeds now. Boo! Hotboy

rob said...

Great wee story.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Have you heard the one about the dog that got shot? Hotboy

rob said...

Was it your psycho rellies again? I always wondered what happened to Rebel. I expect it was when you went to uni and they took their feelings out on the dog.