Search This Blog

Sunday 7 August 2011

Nice Sunday

10:50 p.m.
               This is from the Three Principal Aspects of the Path, an Oral Teaching by Geshe Sonam Rinchen. Translated and edited by Ruth Sonam.
               'Does the self exist? Yes, but not as we perceive it.Why does it appear to exist yet cannot be found when we search for it? Because it is false: it appears to be what it is not and exists in a way that does not accord with how it appears. Yet owing to our confusion and imprints of ignorance we assume that it exists as it appears.'
               Well, there it is. And the same with everything else.
                I've had a wonderful day today, Jack. Stayed in. Smoked, meditated, read. Did my shadow boxing routine. Great slabs of bliss like in a layer cake.
                Tomorrow I've got lots of business to do. And I go to the Samye the next day. Chop, chop. Bang, bang.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I haven't read so much codswallop since, well, since they said Geoffrey shouldn't be captain of Yorkshire.

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Glad you had a good day. We had decent weather up here.

I may go up to Samye Ling later in the month.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The view of the creekit field is not the only view!
Marie! Looks good here today! I've just checked up the trains to Lockerbie. Hurrah! Hotboy

rob said...

Dearie me! Now that you're not working, you've actually started working. It all balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Travelling has started to feel like working. Just going off to the Samye right now! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

The Fourthh Principal Aspects of the Path is, of course, to play with a straight bat. Actually, that's the First Principal. I think you've got the maths mixed up again.

MM III

rob said...

Hotters. Imagine how Albert must feel.

PS Thanks to the great Bob (not Dylan), the Geshe Sonam Rinchen extract has now been translated, like the New English Bible, into modern form as "don't worry 'bout a thing".

Hotboy said...

Albert? At least you engaged with the quote unlike Mingin' whose mind has been obviously pickled by G and Ts!! Makes me despair that so called smart folk can be so thick! Hotboy

rob said...

Correction. The other Bob said it first. Ain't no use in sitting wondering why.