Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Going away again!






Wednesday 12:40 p.m.
                                   It's autumn tomorrow. At the start of May I had no idea I'd be retired now. Once that occurred, I thought I could easily have the best summer since 1988. Freedom and money to spend; easy hours up at the hut; afternoons under trees in the Botanics; bliss, bliss, bliss. Well, that never happened.
                                   The Monday and Tuesday just gone put me back on track and were possible because I spent Friday night in Edinburgh. Three nights in Spookyville just chokes me somehow. There's a time pressure on everything I have to do after that. But  by yesterday afternoon everything was just excellent!
                                   Almost no flatheids in the first two days of the week! I spoke to the Domestic Bliss for  about half an hour on either day since she was going out to the festival. Hurrah! The bliss has been more than ever before and I've managed to make the allotment look respectable, get a change of dentist and got an appointment to get my bike fixed.
                                   Right now the only thing hanging over my head is the editing of the Cyclists book. Sitting at the kitchen table in Newmains .... perfect place to do some editing, but there isn't a computer connection there. Bugger!
                                  It looks as if I'll be three nights in Newmains again this week, which I am not entirely happy with considering that the mother in law has blood relatives little more than an hour's drive away, but I'll go and get on with it in an hour or so.
                                  I've stopped smoking today again. No pizza left. Hmmm? If it wasn't for the fabuloso bliss, Jack .... if it wasn't for the bliss!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Is there a logical reason for getting your dentist to fix your bike? Would a cycle shop not be a better bet?

Also, Wilson asks "Where is his maize?" (in the photos).

MM III

NaNoSkye said...

Beautiful pics.

Been wandering around out here.

I'm glad your mother in law has you. You might not be blood but you care and that is the most important thing.

Editing is the really hard bit of writing.

rob said...

Pic #3 is a clever recreation of a Beatrix Potter cover. You've even got Peter Rabbit's ears poking into the picture.

rob said...

I'm sure there's an interesting story behind the change of dentist. Not sure why you'd need an (internet?) connection to edit the book.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'm just back from Newmains today. (Saturday) Everyone is trying to support the mother in law as well as they can, so I've stopped complaining about being there three nights instead of two. The woman is a real sweetie! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? There isn't a computery thing in Newmains to do the editing on. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

There's a lot of coming and going, and stopping and starting, on this blog.

MM III

John McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rob said...

If only you'd listened to Wilson and bought a netbook instead of a recorder, you could do the books *and* record the maw in law.