Search This Blog

Sunday 16 October 2011

Watershed!

Sunday 8:23 p.m.
                          It's five months since I stopped working and I was hoping this weekend could be seen as some kind of watershed. I wasn't expecting to be spending my retirement in exactly the way I have been, and one or two "obstacles" have arisen.
                          We'd had decorators and builders and plasterers in here intermittently for god knows how long.
                           I've had to re-adjust my mind to spending three days a week and two nights out of Edinburgh, but I think now, and maybe only now, am I able to get my head round that.
                           Since I gave up the jobbie, and unexpectedly found myself with some money, I've been hammering the pizza with tobacco and when I haven't been smoking, I've been drinking. This has stopped now. I haven't been smoking or drinking for the last two nights, and .... here come people! They just never let you alone!!

3 comments:

rob said...

Get Albert to look after your money for you, and it'll last you longer, even after Albert's cut.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You are looking after my money for me. Who else are you going to leave the nazi gold to? Your deid dog? Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters, I don't want to have your liver on my posthumous conscience. I'm bequeathing it to the temperance league.