Search This Blog

Monday 31 October 2011

Madness, madness!

11:28 a.m.
                Everywhere you look around here, there is chaos and disruption. I'd take a photie of this bedroom now that the computery thing and all have moved in, but the mobile phone doesn't want to take photies anymore.
                When all you want is peace and quiet ... I've to strip the wallpaper in the living room over the next couple of days. You don't even have to grin, you just have to bear it.
                 I did not volunteer for this, Jack. Well, Hotboy, it's just like this. By the time the old dolls only need you to help with the luggage, a lifetime of being a lazy basturn has caught up with them, and their whole bodies seem to be a sea of wrack and ruin, such that they cannot even attempt to do any manual work now, such as stripping wallpaper or climbing up and down ladders. Now we can observe them succumbing to the vapours and being delicate wee flowers. None of this marching up and down demanding equality now!
                  I think I'm getting into a bit of a bad mood just sitting here!
                  Anyway, I seem surrounded by grief, sorrow, lamentations .... everywhere you look. Only the terminally ill seem cheerful anymore. Where did all the healthy people go? On Saturday I was a bit distressed to hear that someone I knew from school had died recently ...ni ...ni ... nineteen years old! Fung vale of tears, so it is.
                   There has also been a fair share of mental chaos caused principally by smoking or not smoking, or being in between smoking and not smoking. That does make you go mad!
                    My training regime ... I normally train hard about four or five times a week ... has been blown out the window as well. These times are basically a collusion of unfortunate circumstances. These include going to Amsterdam next weekend. Normally, you might look forward to that, but I would look forward to it if the folk I was going with went to Amsterdam and I stayed here.
                     You have to mine the nuggets of good stuff. Over the weekend I watched a video interview with a guy called Dan Brown who has written a book I must read called The Great Way. And the meditations conitinue to develop and change no matter what else is going on. So if they are going to drive me mad, I'd like this to happen quite soon since going to hospital looks like a bit of a respite from where I'm sitting!

11:13 p.m.
                     I had a coffee in a coffee shop today, which is a bit unusual for me. Double expresso. I now know the name of a cup of something for the next time. Double expresso. Why would anybody want to sit in a coffee shop?
                     I was stripping the wallpaper from the double expresso onwards till about half eight. That's a bit of a tricky time. You could go out and buy a few cans of beer for right then. But I've given up drinking, and also smoking, and spend all my time now praising the lord.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Is The Great Way about playing with a straight bat?

MM III

rob said...

Laughing out loud here.

Just as well you retired in time to do all this volunteer work.

A double espresso would be a help indeed with the wallpaper job.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I answered you enquiry yesterday. How come comments sometimes disappear? The Great Way is more like Bowling for Columbine except with malas and not guns.
Albert? Now, that I've learned what to order, I must go there with Brian Wilson next time. You could have about six double expressos before going cycling. They're a lot cheaper than beer. Hotboy

NaNoSkye said...

I would not recommend 6 double expresso. Good way to seriously poison yourself.

Coffee is wonderful stuff for helping you get massive amounts done.

Most women that march for equality want the same wages for the same work. But they still want their mates to do the icky stuff in the house.

Of course most guys expect their women to cook and do their laundry.

Until men can be pregnant there will be no such thing as equality.

Hope today is better for you.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I only drink instant coffee. Yon expresso stuff should be banned! Also, you're right about the pregnancies. I'm not wanting ever to do that! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Well done for defeating your phobia of entering establishments which do not sell alcohol.

Did you celebrate by going to the pub?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! My days of going to pubs are long gone! After I've been in Amsterdam, it'll be nothing but coffee shops for moi!! Hotboy

rob said...

Congratulations on finding a substitute addiction. Some people use coffee to detoxify their liver. You're balancing up. PS they don't take the coffee orally, if that helps.

NaNoSkye said...

Coffee is essential to my life form.

Especially this month.