Search This Blog

Saturday 8 October 2011

Wrestling with the Nicotine Dragon!!




Saturday 2:15 p.m.
                            The poster had been outside my door, but it had been put in the room by the cute decorator whilst I was in Newmains. Hmmm? So she's been in my room. She probably thought it needed decorated. There are writings all over the walls, but the first one up and still the biggest is
                           "The mechanism that makes masses of people incapable of freedom is the social suppression of sexuality in small children, adolescents and adults." (Wilhelm Reich)
                           What do you think, Jack? Just as well you've got leprosy, Hotboy.
                            This is the third day without nicotine after indulging for about seven or eight weeks straight. Yesterday was harder than the first day since I couldn't meditate as much due to the travelling about Lanarkshire. Friday is the two grannies day. Or great grannies. The auld maw says you should plan for your old age. She's checking out sheltered housing. They've put me off living much passed seventy. And I'm going to try like hell to avoid coming back. My meditations have been great of course since I stopped smoking. So I'm going to spend as much of the rest of the afternoon in the lobby as I can. When I take a break, I'll cut my hair. My mother in law is the one in the photie.
5:50 p.m.
The meditation this afternoon lasted over two hours and I didn't feel any ache in my legs. Don't know why. But I think I'm starting to prevail against the cold. Definitely getting warm now.

6 comments:

NaNoSkye said...

Your mother in law is a lovely woman.

You gotta quit dealing with that dragon. Just because he purrs you don't need to pick him up again.

Good luck.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'm trying to look on it as a life or death situation. I'll just have to resist buying pizzas since I can't stop smoking it. I've been smoking it on and off for nearly three years now and it really has knackered my lungs this time. But this is the fourth day of abstinence and things go well. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

How nice of you to buy your mother-in-law a gigantic box of tissues.

MM III

rob said...

There's quite a family resemblance.

Albert's had a partial baldie by accident. Brave of you to go all the way.

Hotboy said...

Albert? As soon as I have to pay attention to it, off it comes!! Hotboy p.s. Don't see much family resemblance myself, except they're all flatheids!

rob said...

True, the guy's heid looks quite flat now.