Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 February 2011

The bliss!

Tuesday 9:30 p.m.
                           There's the boy with the arrow sticking out of his body, and he tells the doctor that he doesn't want the wound fixed until he'd found out everything about the arrow. Well, he'll be deided from the wound before he finds out everything about the arrow. I don't think the Buddha thought there much point in me worrying my fluffy little head about metaphysical speculations when I'm lying there with an arrow sticking out of me.
                            The wee idea I had on Thursday is not any use at describing the world, but in the context of it's arising during a meditation on emptiness was well worth having. Anything that helps you be less concerned about your own wee self.
                            While surfing the oceans of bliss, since bliss is compounded and subject to change, there are bound to be peaks and troughs. When the surf's up, you might as well just go with it. Over the last few days there have been marvellous sensations in the meditations, and always and always there are greater concoctions of bliss when you hit these peaks. The bliss this evening so far has been so warm and comforting and satisfying. When you're meditating like this, it is obvious that not a minute of all the previous times you've meditated has been a waste of time.
                            I don't understand why I stumblebum about the place, worse than almost any flatheids apart from some that I know, when I'm not meditating. Oh well. Forward the Light Brigage. Charge for the guns, he said.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Brian Wilson wrote a song about Surf's Up. I can find it on YouTube, if you want.

The words are:

A diamond necklace played the pawn
Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
To a handsome mannered baton
A blind class aristocracy
Back through the opera glass you see
The pit and the pendulum drawn
Columnated ruins domino

Canvass the town and brush the backdrop
Are you sleeping?

Hung velvet overtaken me
Dim chandelier awaken me
To a song dissolved in the dawn
The music hall a costly bow
The music all is lost for now
To a muted trumpeter swan
Columnated ruins domino

Canvass the town and brush the backdrop
Are you sleeping, Brother John?

Dove nested towers the hour was
Strike the street quicksilver moon
Carriage across the fog
Two-Step to lamp lights cellar tune
The laughs come hard in Auld Lang Syne

The glass was raised, the fired-roast
The fullness of the wine, the dim last toasting
While at port adieu or die

A choke of grief heart hardened I
Beyond belief a broken man too tough to cry

Surf's Up
Aboard a tidal wave
Come about hard and join
The young and often spring you gave
I heard the word
Wonderful thing
A children's song

Child, child, child, child, child
A child is the father of the man
Child, child, child, child, child
A child is the father of the man
A children's song
Have you listened as they played
Their song is love
And the children know the way
That's why the child is the father to the man
Child, child, child, child, child
Child, child, child, child, child
Na na na na na na na na
Child, child, child, child, child
That's why the child is the father to the man
Child, child, child, child, child


MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

What's your take on vanity?

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

I've just had one of those giant realisations! A brainstorm if you like.

This blog is really about Bliss!!

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Fat Mac just sent me the version of him singing the song. The hiccup at 1.39 rather gives away the fact that he's not given up drinking. And I think there's a spliff at the beginning.

Enjoy!!!!

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

You forgot the all important exclamation marks! He said:

"Forward the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!"

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Since I'm refusing to clicky on any Beach Boys videos, can I expect all the lyrics as comments! That would be great! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

chico caliente
so you know how we were saying everything changes....the purusa then, what´s that all about, the sun in a bucket of water and the only thing that never changes. do i need to rethink or stop thinking what do you think!!!
loveanpeacexxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! I don't know anything about anything! Just don't try drinking or smoking as much as I do. The only thing that makes any sense is that there is the bliss. I'm all for just heading into the bliss. Hotboy p.s. Nobody else knows anything about anything either.

Anonymous said...

Chico caliente
I thought on sunday, out of the blue, I might try to not smoke....kept bursting into tears! Gave up giving up on monday dumdedum
loveandpeacex

Hotboy said...

Spango Yongini! I've been tobaccoless for about two weeks out of every four for the last two years. That gives you three bummer days a month, and is the stupidest of routines. I was going to give up today again and I haven't had any, but it's five o clock and .... thank God I don't smoke the fags anymore. A fag habit is really hard to break!!!! Best of luck with that anyway. Hotboy

rob said...

I'm not sure that was really you on the ukulele video.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What? You're the ukulele maestro! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say Robbo!

You are quite right. The chap in the video is far too young, slim and good looking to be Fat Mac.

MM III

Drew Peacock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Willie Awanty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Don't worry everyone, this strange thread will inevitably end up on Hitler.. dang just did. Well at least I got it over with, dog turds aside this has been amusing.

Bowel Syndrome said...

Have the spam robots been attacking your blog?!

Hotboy said...

Bowely! Not spam robots. Morons. Hotboy