Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

New Beginnings!

Thursday 9:35 p.m.
                            So I'm speaking to the pizzaman in a doorway near Princes Street. I've been buying pizza from him for about seventeen years. He says he had rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed. He's about forty six. For a fortnight he couldn't get to sleep. Sneezing wracked his body in pain. Sitting up all night on the couch. He says he doesn't know how folk managed the pain before the jags in the bum. It's hard to imagine other peoples' pain. I asked this guy once if the brain haemorragh ...hoemorraghe ... if when his brain exploded, it was sore. He gave me a look which said he couldn't possibly describe it. Head moved jerking to the side in past remembrance. The pain was off the scale.
                            There is no discernible beginning and no discernible end to this samsara.
                            We don't have a lot of this life left, Jack, if they're letting us onto the buses for bugger all. Well, Hotboy, wasn't it always thus?
                             Had a great day though! Had a bit of everything. Meditated at dawn. Meditated in the morning. Meditated at dusk. And also later. I'm gliding. Gliding. Definitely surfing now.

5 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I was diagnosed with RA at 20, it has been part of my life as long as I can remember. Yeah it hurts, all the time. But you learn to live with it. I don't take pain meds any more than I have to. I don't like the feeling of being numb and cut off.

I don't think spring is going to come this year.

Hotboy said...

Marie!! I'm going to start looking after my health a bit better!! I've been really lucky with it so far. Hotboy

rob said...

Marie. That's tough about the RA. I know someone who got that quite young, and received injections of gold. Not sure if it helped her, but I'm sure it helped the doctor.

Hotters, don't feel you have to start looking after your health on my account. Even if I was still paying my NI stamp, I wouldn't begrudge you a liver transplant.

Hotboy said...

Albert? No thanks!! What do you think the chemical cosh is doing to your liver? I always imbibe less than I would have if I hadn't been me! Hotboy

rob said...

That's a brain teaser. Quite clever. Make that the next book title?