Search This Blog

Thursday 17 February 2011

Funeral Rites

Thursday 10:00 a.m.
                                Going home today. Felt a bit emotional during the morning meditation and worked out what I wanted at my funeral.
                                 If there's any music besides gong bashing, I want Bob Marley's Redemption Songs, Songs of Freedom. I would also like my daughter to read out the first chapter of Light in the Dark and also the Heart Sutra. I would like my ashes scattered in the river down here, at the far side of the wee island that forms after the wee falls during the summer time, where I have spent many, many hours meditating.
                                 Must have meditated between sixty and seventy hours this week. Really hammered it the last three days. Allah Akbar!!

6 comments:

MM III said...

I say!

Have you got a date for it, yet?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Yes, but it's about twenty years after your funeral so you won't be around for it. I suppose you'll still be getting reborn as a pig, one being continually eaten by cannibals! Hotboy

albert said...

Most people go through a phase of wanting to clear all debts, taxi fares and management fees, before it's too late.

Good song. Can't comment on the texts. I may have to toast you from afar with Erdinger. The very day of your post, the old dear's hubby died down the road from you, and the lawyer was on the phone asking what songs he wanted sung.

For my funeral, not that you asked, someone will read out the quote, from the hotwall I believe, along the lines "the wish that I be known as the author of this is ...." What is it again? It's all old photons anyway.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Sorry to hear about the demise. Don't suppose you'll be over for that one. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? The wish that it be made known that I was the author is the thought of a man not yet adult. Hotboy

albert said...

That's the one! Well for me it's the wish that it be made known that I was alive. Not that I would call this living.