Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 February 2011

The way ahead!

Wednesday 2:45 p.m.
                                 First of all, some difficulties!
                                 I could post photies I took at the Samye Ling last week, but I was bought a new phone for my birthday. It has some kind of memory card in it so that I won't have the expense of emailing photies to myself, but I don't know how to work it. Someone will have to show me.
                                 The consiglieri and I have been checking the Kindle account for the book we put on it a few months ago. We know that it has sold two copies. It might have sold copies to folk we don't know about. Kindle does not recognise our account and won't let us into it anyway, and say we've sold bugger all. I love machines! They take all the problems away. Instead of hassling a real live publisher, Amazon just takes all the money. Has the Amazon moved to Nigeria, or what?
                                I sent the thriller to the Viper's Nest publisher (real live people!!) in London last April. They ignored it, or lost it, or .... so they asked me to re-send it in October. I said I'd check up with them after the New Year. They do not reply to emails. I've sent two. Once I got a book published by the Viper's Nest and I waited six months for them to send the advance and then had to phone the basturns up twice before I saw a cheque.
                                It seems like a long time since I was at the Samye Ling!! After two and a half days at the jobbie, I feel totally scunnered. The only good thing that's happened is that I was told that due to my advanced years I could retire any time. But I do not think that being a job share joe ... I wouldn't have any money to live on. At least, I'll get the government pension in five years. Dearie me!!
                               I have Bellshill on Friday, but no appointments otherwise, apart from something on Sunday night. So I can meditate a lot between now and then. I just hope I get some peace and quiet, and that all the flatheids get killed by a neutron bomb before Sunday. Now, I can do what I really like doing .... meditating!!
                              

4 comments:

Uzinap T'Wurkit said...

რატომ არ კითხულობენ ხელით?

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I makes me want to die, so it does. That might not be your fault entirely, but this contribution makes me think that I should stop folk commenting on this bloggy, and that I should stop writing it. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I makes me want to die, so it does. That might not be your fault entirely, but this contribution makes me think that I should stop folk commenting on this bloggy, and that I should stop writing it. Hotboy

rob said...

Albert reckons you've had more readers of your blogs than your books, and some of them have even been returning for more. If it's fortune you're after, cut up the credit card, and grow your own pizza. And if you sleep at the hut you can claim a rebate from the DB. Problem solved.