Search This Blog

Saturday 12 February 2011

Samye Saturday Night!

8:40 p.m.
              Everything feels better here. Even my teeth feel better. Slipping into the meditations very well though I'm really only doing calming ones. Very little vase breathing.
               The last time I was staying here - a whole nineteen months ago - was when I must have read the Life of Milarepa for the first time. Yesterday I found a book in the library called The Life Of Gampopa by Jampa Mackenzie Stewart. Sounds a bit Scottish to me, but he lives in Austin, Texas. I'm really enjoying reading it. The chapter on the boy practising inner heat meditations made me realise once again that I know bugger all about this juju. When I've thought channels and whatnot must have been opening due to the amount of bliss and all, well, that was just crap. I'm nowhere near getting anything to open. Still, the meditations have been great today.
               Loving everything about this trip. The food, the room. The temple at the moment is divided into three bits. The bit in the middle has nothing in it. This morning there was just me. Meditated for three and a half hours this morning; stood on my head; did two tai chi sets; and 100 prostrations. Great morning, really great!
              Having the room ... I was really making an effort coming down here all those times in a tent. I really was. All I want is a room somewhere. A  room! A room! What luxury!!

2 comments:

Menzies Milngavie III said...

I say,

Your teeth may feel better, but do they look better?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Better looking than the gnashers in the glass beside your bed!! Hotboy