Search This Blog

Thursday 17 March 2011

Census

Thursday 7:45 p.m.
                             The old toothless one looked over at me kind of slyly at just after four and said: Are we going to start drinking? Would have been nice, but I've been hammering it since I stopped smoking and .... I got myself a bottle of collapso on the road home. I'm going to be good, but not just now. A little better perhaps.
                             I know how to put in hyperlinks now. If you do it with cut and paste, well, you can't. You need shortcuts.
                             I had a look at the first book I got published as I'd taken it down to the castle in Porty to maybe get scanned so I could have a digital copy and it had a prologue in it. I'd forgotten all about that!! I told the old toothless one that I'd have been a great success if I'd died at forty five! Anyway, he fixed my writer's blog, but his scanner didn't have character recognition software....
                            Beef McDuck has been flown out of Bahrain. A nephew of mine was in a towerblocko in Tokyo when it turned to jello. He's flying to New Caledonia. His old man told him not to believe anything the government said about the nuclear reactor. They can't say: We're all funged! Run for your lives!
                            We got census forms today. The woman at the door asked how many folk stayed here. I said four, no three, no two, no three really. The form asked about my religion. I said I was a Roman Catholic and a Buddhist and a Jedi Knight. I wanted to tick the box for being a Hindu was well, but they don't let you into their temples maybe, and I think you might have to be born a Hindu, it being a pretty cultural thing and all.
                            What caste would you belong to, Hotboy? Well, Jack, I think I might be avoiding the clicky clicky caste. Night soil collector, failed.

                            

6 comments:

rob said...

I wonder what kind of New Caledonian town might be twinned with Bellshill.

PS I believe Dirk Bogarde was a Night Soil Porter.

Hotboy said...

Albeert? BuckieCava? Hotboy

MM III said...

I say!

What happened to my Comment about Dudeism?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I do not know the answer to that! But there is a lot of religious intolerance going around. Hotboy

rob said...

I used to drink Scotmac with Vinnie. I wonder if they still make it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? No, they don't make that crap anymore. Everything got blown out of the water by Buckfast!! Hotboy