Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Kurt and Moi!

Wednesday 10:15 p.m.
                                  Bad view starting the day. Couldn't get up to meditate at six and the whole shebang went downwards thereafter until I arrived at the hospital. I bused there from the jobbie. Our friend with the MS was singularly revived! I asked her if she wanted to go to the pub and she said yes, and for some medical reason we couldn't do that.
                                   My mind has been funged up by tobacco and cannybliss, but I will arise from this, so I will!
                                  I finished Slaughterhouse 5 this evening. What a wonderful book! Maybe the reason why I used to read a lot of books was because there were lots of wonderful books to read. Maybe there are less wonderful books to read right now, but I suppose not. I bet there are lots of wonderful modern books to read. I lost the terrier like interest somewhere down the line.
                                  I read Oranges are Not the Only Fruit before I wrote Cyclists, or On Becoming a Man, Reflections on Sex and Violence, or, ... Cyclists? (Even that is reproduced in the front of Slaughterhouse 5) and I thought: Anybody can write in wee bits; writing wonderfully coherently shaped chapters is hard to do; and this is shown by how few chapters are like that, but if this person can get away with wee bits, well, I could do that.
                                But it's Kurt Vonnegurt. It's not Jeanette Winterson (?)
                                Everyone has to build on what has gone before. You stand there with your hippy hat on thinking you're an individual, but you're really just a bit of a wave, or an eddy in a wave, or Thomas Edison, waving.
                                I heard from two other people who have downloaded my kindle book. I think that takes the sales up to five! However, tonight I changed my view. Instead of everything being crap, everything is now fabuloso, and I will attend to my writer's blog with some amusement and enjoy doing it.
                                It's all about energy. You have to have it. For doing stuff.
                            

9 comments:

rob said...

I would email you a bottle of my Number 20 brew if I could. It's very drinkable and the MS lady would probably be allowed it as it's about half a percent alcohol.

John McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rob said...

The cellmate has Oranges are Not the Only Fruit. Should I read it?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Oranges was alright if I recall correctly. Bizarre upbringing with religious nutters, as I recall, and the girl was gay as well. Yeah, I liked it, I think. Hotboy p.s. You'd be better reading The Real McCoy. Much better than that crap!!

rob said...

I either read The Real McCoy or listened to the radio play with the cellmate. Not bad, though some of it might have been over my head, plus maybe the writer was out of his.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It was for a radio four audience. I thought don't patronise. So you didn't get it? Not surprised really. I couldn't follow it either. Yon wummin is above you. Tell her to get the slap on and come and see me sometime. You're a disgrace. You couldn't follow it, could you? What a moron! Oh God! I think if there were any guns in this country, I'd shooty shooty my foot! Hotboy

rob said...

Maybe flatheid audiences are not your best target.

If you were in the Hunter T league you'd shoot more than your foot. The least you could do is borrow the sensei's shooter - do your next tooth extraction by blowing a hole in your face. It worked for me.

MM III said...

I say!

What happened to the post about the girl smiling at the toothless and obviously slightly doolally old man because she thought he looked like her granddad?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You must have been on the fruit juice again! Hotboy