Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2011

The Wrens Might be Back!










Saturday 5:50 p.m.
                              Once upon a time the wrens regularly nested in the hut, but they haven't done so for a few years. The old nest eventually fell to pieces. Boo! Then I noticed the other day that it had been partially rebuilt. Hurrah! Then I touched it and it felt wet. There has been a lot of rain recently. No wrens came in while I was sitting and I assumed it had been abandoned again. But the next time I was sitting there a wee wren came in through the chicken wire and put a sprig of straw in it. Hurrah! Might be a fifty fifty chance of grooving with a hut full of wrens this summer!!
                               It's great that this blog isn't here for self advertising!! It's drab. The links will never work. The fonts are all the wrong size. So if you don't like it, or it annoys you, just fung off!!
                               I'm not long back from the diggings. The bit in the photies took me about two and a half hours nearly, including planting the seed potatoes. I'm now going to lounge in the bath and get into the bathtime bliss. Hurrah!!

9 comments:

rob said...

Two and a half hours for that much is fast work. But it looks suspiciously tidy. You had help, didn't you?

rob said...

Wrens have poor bladder control.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Wrens and getting bladdered ... it's all the flying about! Nobody helps me with the diggings. Nobody digs their allotments like me. I dig so much because I don't know what I'm doing. There's another allotmenteer I wouldn't mind getting some help from, but not with digging. Dearie me!! Staying sober and straight on Saturday night isn't good for you!! Hotboy

rob said...

At least it shows the old (wood)pecker's not dead yet.

rob said...

PS it must be a desperate Saturday night to drive you to reading your comments.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Saturday night was great. The first of many, I hope, sober and straight!! Hotboy

MM III said...

I say!

Jolly goor to see the Wrens making a comeback. Are they going to be fighting that Arab chappy?

MM III

MM III said...

I say,

It looks as if you need to use the heavy roller on the pitch in the bottom two snaps.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I've understood creekit now!! The bad boy in Libya is getting the heidguard removed as I write!!