Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2011

Perfect Moments


Friday 10:40 p.m.
                           Sometimes over the last week or so there have been moments which have seemed pretty wonderful. These are moments full of bliss and clarity. I've been getting more of these than usual mostly because I haven't got a jobbie anymore. It makes a huge difference. I wouldn't recommend having a jobbie at all. Also, I had some perfect moments with the mother-in-law. We were in the back garden and I was sitting on a mossy banking, in the shade, doing the juju and overlooking the mother-in-law who was in the sunshine down below trying to read her book. Wonderful. Clarity and bliss. Ye canny whack it!!

8 comments:

rob said...

Those moments of clarity actually sound rather good. Maybe there is something in this retirement thing after all, unless you and the DB-in-law were just blootered at the time.

NaNoSkye said...

Your onions look good and those cherries look even better.

Clarity in our lives is a wonderful thing, because it is rare.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Weird scenes inside the goldmine!
Marie! I've got seven bags of onions coming my way, if I can find them among the weeds! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

What we all want to know is - now that you have come into this immense wedge of funding, what treat will you provide for the ever-do-long suffering Domestic Bliss?

A romantic weekend in Paris? A slap-up meal in a top restaurant? A mid-week break in a cosy hotel somewhere in the hills? A piece of jewelry? All of the above?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! She's so busy with singing and dancing every night that when I broached the subject of taking her to a five star hotel in St Lucia for a fortnight, she said she simply didn't have the time for all that falderal! Hotboy p.s. All the minimum wage employees of these service outlets take it out on the food!! You wouldn't believe what they do!

Anonymous said...

I say!

Perfectly understandable on the part of Domestic Bliss, especially as there's little international cricket in St Lucia for several months yet.

But let us at least see the lovely bunch of flowers you bought her, and also the necklace.

MM III

rob said...

Mingers, re "the ever-do-long suffering DB" - reading between the lines, what you were saying before the spell checker interfered was "the ever schlong-suffering DB". I say, isn't that a little bit below the belt? Everyone knows OAPs don't have schlongs, not long anyway.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! A necklace? A necklace? Women stopped wearing necklaces here yonks ago! Anyway, I just get embarrassed giving folk things. It's much less embarrassing when they give things to me. Hotboy