Search This Blog

Saturday 30 July 2011

What's needed!

Friday or Saturday. 9:37 p.m.
                                            I need some stuff to make me a moi. I've got pots of money now. Well, I've got hardly any money in bourgeois terms, but far more money than I've ever had since I stopped working and the kiddo arrived, then about seven grand. A quarter century ago. So, somehow they gave me twenty eight grand for being sixty. I had an overdraft of fifteen hundred spots. I had to give the Domestic Bliss three grand for the sticking of the building together and whatnot. For myself I got addicted once again to tobacco and have been smoking soapbar like it's going out of style. Cranking down on the bevvying now, and waiting to withdraw into the bliss.
                                           When occasionally I used to be given some money, I always restocked the underwear and socks drawers. What do you need? Or what would be good? A good pair of shoes. Nobody wears shoes anymore. Once I bought some nice shoes in celebration of getting a jobbie. But what I should buy is

1) A nice leather jacket. I bought one once when I got into another jobbie and it lasted over twenty years, until the Domestic Bliss hid it, or more probably, destroyed it.

2) I need a recording device so that I can stock all the things that phantoms say to moi. It has to have a wire onto the computery thing. No bits and pieces. Straight into the cloud!

3) The telly I sometimes watched whilst abed does not work anymore because the Time Lords changed the signal.The basturns! No compensation. Nobody mentioned that. Anyway, I could get another telly for about a hundred and twenty spots, and that would be a comfort. But since I haven't had a telly in there, I've starting reading books and listening to radio four, and the noise has diminished.
                       I thought the Domestic Bliss was sitting behind me there. She's in Newmains. Do you think that's a good or a bad sign, Jack? I think forgetting what day it is is a much better sign! So is getting two isses in a row and being unable to understand that. It's the prime numbers of prose.
                       Other things I need:
4) I need someone to fall madly in love with me. Someone around nineteen or twenty with a very rich background. Just forget everything else. That's obviously what I need. I love you too, babes!
5) The other thing I need is a pair of good running shoes. The ones I got from a gift from my brother Popeye last birthday were still half price and a size too large. Sleek mechanisms of balance and beauty. The perfect shoe.
                       The sixty year old boy is going to buy himself a pair of good running shoes with his lump sum! Allah Akbar!
6) I'll need to leave the flat more often so that the gorgeous womenfolk can observe me.
7) A telly, a good pair of running shoes that fit, a recording device, a brilliant leather jacket like the last one, someone to fall madly in love with me, and ...
                     On top of all this, I reside in the beautiful, wonderful city. This was not planned. It just appeared around me. There is not a better place in this world to emanate in than right here and right now. Just as one's consciousness plunges towards the data, data, data, data-like oblivion ... much worse places to be, so there are!
                     I am so happy! I am so happy! I am a happy, happy Joe!
                 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

That post is all about yourself, and your own 'needs'.

The seven Needs of Hotboy. How disgusting.

I suggest the following:

#8 A sign to hang around your head, saying "Fat, needy basturn"

In my humble opinion, you have become corrupted since you were given the wedge on the occasion of your sixtieth birthday.

No good ever came of that sort of thing.

Instead:

#9 A Pearl Necklace for Domestic Bliss.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The main thing must be to regard ourselves as fortunate creatures. I would also like to start dancing now. I may have to go out. I may be some gap of forgetfulness and then what does it matter? I'd like to be skinny, but I really don't care. No, I don't. Hope this helps. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Fat Basturn - stop thinking about yourself. This will help.

All I can say is "Hang on to your ego"

That will definitely help.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Just bring on the dancing girls! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Here they are, then..

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Or perhaps Manbungo is more 'you'.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Hang Onto Your Ego Lyrics:

I know so many people who think they can do it alone

They isolate their heads and stay in their safety zone

But what can you tell them

What can you say that wont make them defensive

Hang on to your ego

Hang on but I know that you're gonna lose the fight.

They come on like they're peacefull
But inside they're so uptight

They chip through the day and waste all their thoughts at night

But how can I say it

How can I come on when I know I'm guilt

Hang on to your ego

Hang on because I know that you're gonna lose the fight

And how can I say it

How can I come on when I know I'm guilt

Hang on to your ego

Hang on

Hang on but I know that you're gonna lose the fight

MM III

rob said...

Hotters. Good that you're planning to help kick start the economy.

1) good move, but avoid the temptation to buy the equivalent of a red sports car. Do they make leathers for OAPs? Or a biker's jacket might look natty.

2) most mobile phones will record sound. If like me you don't use a phone, I would buy an iPod touch version 4 - they have microphones and cameras built in, I think. And you can blog and email from them. But ask Mingers and Dave for the local situation.

3) TV - wouldn't it be nice if they sold a cheaper set that could only pick up documentaries and the like, but not all the dross? People could choose whether to pay extra for the non essentials like cricket.

PS re "getting two isses in a row" did you forget to type the P? I understand for OAPs it can be a bit hit and miss.

rob said...

Mingers. Thanks for pasting the lyrics and saving me the trouble of listening to Brian or the Ding Dings or whatever. If only all the people most in need of isolating their heads and staying in their safety zone, would do just that! Present company excepted.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Line 8 should read:

They trip through the day and waste all their thoughts at night

and not:

They chip through the day and waste all their thoughts at night

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm refusing to read those lyrics! Just because I refuse to click on Brian Wilson links! Also, I can see that my diet is starting to work and the slimness begins!!
Albert? Don't tell me I can't just get a recording device ... I don't want to have to read instructions! Hotboy

rob said...

Hotters. You could get an iPad. They can record, and you can also download one of the many ebooks by John McKenzie, I'm told they're a great read and quite reasonably priced.

John McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotboy said...

Albert? I want a thing to record voices, a recorder! Can't I get one of those. I'm not clear about that an Ipad is. It is an Ipod with a bedroom? Hotboy

rob said...

Heh heh!

Yes, you can get a wee machine that just records. Digital I assume, without moving parts. PS is it to blackmail people with?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Only if I get a chance! Hotboy